ECN Forum
Posted By: George Little Dedicated Space Question - 07/13/06 11:11 PM
Does 110.26(F) apply to a anything else besides the item listed in the article?

Second question - Does 110.26(A) apply to J-boxes?
Posted By: Yoopersup Re: Dedicated Space Question - 07/13/06 11:20 PM
How would you do the Job?? Just items mentioned in code section I;d say. Nope/\
Posted By: Celtic Re: Dedicated Space Question - 07/14/06 02:17 AM
Where are you heading with this?
Posted By: e57 Re: Dedicated Space Question - 07/14/06 03:39 AM
"Sufficient access and working space shall be provided and maintained about all electric equipment to permit ready and safe operation and maintenance of such equipment."

Is what it says first, and later lists the parameters....

"Working space for equipment operating at 600 volts, nominal, or less to ground and likely to require examination, adjustment, servicing, or maintenance while energized..." - You can shut off a box, and it very unlikely that you would need to do all of those things hot, like you might for a panel, especially a main panel. As far as "F" goes, I (Can't) think of anything else...

[This message has been edited by e57 (edited 07-14-2006).]
Posted By: gfretwell Re: Dedicated Space Question - 07/14/06 04:14 AM
I never quite understood why an HVAC disconnect needed to be serviced while energized but I have always been told it needed full working space.
If we changed the rule on that the world would spin out of orbit, into the universe and life as we know it would cease ... or so we have been led to believe.
Posted By: gfretwell Re: Dedicated Space Question - 07/14/06 04:23 AM
I just popped up the same question over at the IAEI board. Lets see what they say
Posted By: Alan Nadon Re: Dedicated Space Question - 07/14/06 12:49 PM
As E57 refers to; does it need servicing, adjustment, etc. while energized ?
A large J box with contactors in it or something like that would be a yes, otherwise no.
Alan--
© ECN Electrical Forums