ECN Forum
Posted By: InspectorE Liquidtight to Schedule 40/80 - 10/15/05 01:14 PM
Is there any code compliant method of connecting from schedule 40/80 to liquidtight conduit? I'm not looking for a single "tweenie" connector, use of a junction box would be fine. An insulated grounding conductor would be run the full length.
Posted By: Tom Re: Liquidtight to Schedule 40/80 - 10/15/05 03:12 PM
Presuming that your schedule 40 or 80 is RNMC, you could glue a female adapter on the end, screw in the connector for the flex & carry on.

Tom
Posted By: InspectorE Re: Liquidtight to Schedule 40/80 - 10/15/05 06:27 PM
I saw that as a possible combination. However, I wasn't sure that the manufacturer of the liquid tight connector meant for the connector to be used with other than a metal box where a metal locknut would be used on the inside of the box. Since the rubber washer on the liquid tight connector is normally locked tight by the metal lock washer on the inside of the box, I wasn't sure that the same would be true if the connector was made tight into the pvc female connector.

Sounds like it is ok, then.

Thanks!
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: Liquidtight to Schedule 40/80 - 10/16/05 12:52 AM
THe sealing ring (rubber washer) should be seated/compressed when the flex conn is wrench tte in the PVC FA.

As to the 'listing', my books are all in the office.

John
Posted By: earlydean Re: Liquidtight to Schedule 40/80 - 10/16/05 03:32 PM
We can never assume that there will never be moisture entering the conduit. PVC conduit leaks quite well. Take the gasket and put it in the junk drawer for the time you'll need it when the manufacturer shorts you.
Arrange the conduit run to drain. Special fittings are made for this purpose. Use a "T" condulet, with the drain at the bottom of the "T".
Posted By: boggerbutt2454 Re: Liquidtight to Schedule 40/80 - 10/18/05 10:12 PM
Can you use Carflex? Non-metallic seal tight flex.
Posted By: Tripp Re: Liquidtight to Schedule 40/80 - 10/19/05 03:56 AM
I believe that "Carflex" is a brand name, by Carlon, for LFNC (liquidtight flexible nonmetallic conduit).
© ECN Electrical Forums