ECN Forum
Posted By: Sparks30 Disconnect - 08/19/05 09:02 PM
I was doing a 3-phase 277/480 ahu unit today, then the hvac guy tells me he needs a 110v outlet for his condensate pump. I tell the boss this he say come off the the 110 panel join the 277 pipe together to the disco then feed threw the disco for the 110.
I know no feed through for panel, how about disco?
Posted By: gfretwell Re: Disconnect - 08/19/05 09:10 PM
You end up back at 312.8 and you have to ask yourself IS "adequate space for this purpose is provided.".
I would bet a couple of 12 or 14 guage wires are not going to put this cabinet over 40% of the available wiring space. (or 75% of the cross section where the wires run)
Posted By: iwire Re: Disconnect - 08/19/05 10:57 PM
Panel or Disconnect either can be 'run through' as long as there is enough space.

It would be darn near imposable to overfill a panel with branch circuit wiring.
Posted By: macmikeman Re: Disconnect - 08/19/05 11:51 PM
quote"It would be darn near imposable to overfill a panel with branch circuit wiring."

Boy in the 60's they sure knew how to do it. I go to a lot of jobs with old GE load centers so packed up with wire the cover almost springs off when the screws are loosened. Of course the # of wires is still comparable to modern stuff, it's just the boxes were so little, and the long spare length's left on the wires before terminating at the breakers makes for a big crowd.
© ECN Electrical Forums