ECN Forum
Posted By: PCBelarge Two GECs in the same raceway - 10/28/03 09:19 PM
I saw an installation inside a school building yesterday involving two transformers of the same rating located in the same room. The GECs from each transformer were installed in the same raceway up to the steel. Is this an acceptable installation method? I do not know the answer, so any help is appreciated.

In the same school, another room and another transformer. The GEC was run in the slab (in a raceway) out of the room across the hall and then up the wall to steel in the room across the hall. What do you think of this installation.

Pierre

[This message has been edited by PCBelarge (edited 10-28-2003).]
Posted By: Roger Re: Two GECs in the same raceway - 10/28/03 11:15 PM
Hello Pierre, I don't know of any reason these GEC's can't be run together. They become common at the end point in any case.

In the second situation it seems like a lot of wasted energy IMHO, but there may be reasons it was done this way we don't know about. (Trying not to be to critical [Linked Image])

Roger
Posted By: PCBelarge Re: Two GECs in the same raceway - 10/29/03 04:55 PM
Hello Roger
I do not have a problem with the installation, I have not seen it installed in this fashion, and could not see any reference in the NEC. So where better to come for the answer than here, maybe some else has. [Linked Image]

Pierre
Posted By: Big Jim Re: Two GECs in the same raceway - 11/03/03 06:31 AM
Was it a metallic raceway? If so, I thing it would need to be bonded to both transformers.
© ECN Electrical Forums