ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin Electrical Nostalgia? - 01/08/15 02:24 AM
(submitted by Frank)
Photo1 is a memorial to the folks who developed the water to electricity analogy at an obscure laboratory in lower Bezerkistan in the early part of the 20th century.

[Linked Image from electrical-photos.com]

Photo2 shows how many of us got our first experience with electricity.
Now we know why the unit Hertz is used, because that is what it does....60 times a second.....

Frank

[Linked Image from electrical-photos.com]
Posted By: ANNEMARIE Re: Electrical Nostalgia? - 01/10/15 01:55 AM
Probably a good job it was only a 110 volt outlet at least that only gives a tingle
Posted By: sedesigner1 Re: Electrical Nostalgia? - 01/23/15 05:46 PM
That first photo is an obvious code violation, you can't put a chair that close to a sliding glass door. Also, there should be an aerator on the faucet.
Posted By: Scott35 Re: Electrical Nostalgia? - 01/24/15 05:34 PM

That first photo is an obvious code violation, you can't put a chair that close to a sliding glass door. Also, there should be an aerator on the faucet.

Exception #4:
A Chair may be within 1" of a Sliding Glass Door, provided that the Faucet does not have an Aerator installed.

clap

--Scott (EE)
Posted By: sparkyinak Re: Electrical Nostalgia? - 03/15/15 11:54 PM
That's looks just like me with a butter knife at that age. I guess I know what my muse was for becoming an electrician....
Posted By: dougwells Re: Electrical Nostalgia? - 03/17/15 06:15 AM
Bobby hair pin was my experiment at about 5 years old smile
Posted By: geoff in UK Re: Electrical Nostalgia? - 03/18/15 11:34 AM
Embarrassing to recall these things! Not sure how old, but certainly still in single digits.
I was proud to work out that by twisting short lengths of flex around the pins of the plugs I could have both the electric heater and the reading lamp working on the one socket in my bedroom. (These would be 15amp round pin plugs then). I recall my Dad was less impressed, but I think I did get a two way adaptor soon after.
© ECN Electrical Forums