ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin Antique Antenna Receptacles - 10/11/13 03:11 PM
A couple of recent finds Radio antenna and ground receptacles and matching plugs.

Submitted by Frank DeWitt

[Linked Image from electrical-photos.com]

Posted By: harold endean Re: Antique Antenna Receptacles - 11/16/13 03:32 AM
NICE! The bottom 2 pictures look like they are made of solid brass. The first picture looks similar to the one I posted here several years ago.
Posted By: Frank DeWitt Re: Antique Antenna Receptacles - 12/19/13 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by harold endean
NICE! The bottom 2 pictures look like they are made of solid brass. The first picture looks similar to the one I posted here several years ago.

It is, Your post got me looking for one. I had a search on Ebay for two years, never found one. Then a guy saw my display of other old outlets at a antique engine show and asked if I had ever seen one. I told I had and was looking for one. He sent me a outlet only for the postage. Nice guy!) Two weeks later the one shown above showed up on ebay mislabeled. no one else bid on it.

I have since found a competitor the only marking is a "S" tipped about 45 deg on one blade of the ant plug.

Posted By: Frank DeWitt Re: Antique Antenna Receptacles - 09/19/14 05:29 PM
I found yet another. This time a box of 5!
http://lbpinc.com/Aerial-Ground-Power.jpg [Linked Image from lbpinc.com]
Posted By: BigB Re: Antique Antenna Receptacles - 02/04/15 05:58 AM
I just came across some of these in a 1930 house that are antenna/ground only, no power. Two of them are in the center of the rooms in the floor with no power nearby. I can't imagine why they put them there with no power. They are just a single, round receptacle just like the top half of the ones shown. I have pics but don't know how to upload them without using a host site and I no longer trust photobucket.
Posted By: BigB Re: Antique Antenna Receptacles - 02/04/15 06:05 AM

OK here goes. This one is right out in the middle of a concrete floor in the dining room

[Linked Image from i39.photobucket.com]
Posted By: Texas_Ranger Re: Antique Antenna Receptacles - 02/07/15 07:44 PM
Could have been for a crystal radio or a battery operated set!
Posted By: geoff in UK Re: Antique Antenna Receptacles - 02/08/15 11:44 AM
It says a great deal about the durability of its construction.
© ECN Electrical Forums