ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin Generator / Battery Bank Control Panels - 07/21/11 06:48 AM
Hi there

One is a generator/battery bank control panel I believe from the 1920s - I would love any information on that one.

The second is I think some form of motor control resistance box. The terminals on the lower edge read :- First pair, Main, Second pair, Motor and under that 50V DC. Third pair, Motor, Fourth pair, Transf. and 33V AC.

The Third pic is a panel that would I understand have been used to charge batteries from DC lighting mains - I have cleaned that up somewhat. Any information on the lamps to use in it would be appreciated.

Thanks
David (uksparx)

[Linked Image from electrical-photos.com]

Posted By: uksparx Re: Generator / Battery Bank Control Panels - 07/28/11 07:00 PM
Since sending in the pics, I have discovered the second item is some form of electro/medical control - but for what??? Made by a firm called Schall of New Cavendish street, London UK. Whatever it did, looks like it might have been pretty scary!
Posted By: vitalite Re: Generator / Battery Bank Control Panels - 08/14/11 05:51 PM
Probably an early ECT machine - but there is a website that might help:
http://www.museumoftechnology.org.uk/medical.php
It looks like something from a Time Machine! Maybe it can send us back to a better time? smile
Electro shock therapy...
?=^)
© ECN Electrical Forums