ECN Forum
Posted By: renosteinke Safety: Getting the word out - 03/27/06 01:14 AM
I am currently doing a job at a US Forest Service office- and there, of all places, I ran across an interesting idea.

It appears that a single-page "safety" bulliten comes out every week- and is then posted in plastic folders mounted in the toilet stalls. Just when you wish you'ld brought something to read.....
Posted By: gfretwell Re: Safety: Getting the word out - 03/27/06 07:15 AM
This is not as unusual as you would expect.
Posted By: iwire Re: Safety: Getting the word out - 03/27/06 10:11 AM
We have mandatory weekly 'tool box talks' which means one guy reads that weeks safety info to everyone than everyone signs the bottom of the sheet to acknowledge they heard the info.

Bob
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: Safety: Getting the word out - 03/27/06 02:53 PM
Reno,

They have used the same idea to advertise at my local Home Depot.

Bill
Posted By: sabrown Re: Safety: Getting the word out - 03/27/06 03:03 PM
I enjoy reading those things when I am out and about on some forests, as many do have these posted in the bathrooms. In our regional office and some other forests you never see or hear of them.

It is like most places, someone finds and latches on to a good idea, but not all know about them. Thanks for sharing this idea of getting the information out.

Side thought: Most of these I have seen are posted in Idaho. I wonder if Idahoans have been sufficiently taught to properly aim while reading? Sorry, I just had to add that.
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Safety: Getting the word out - 05/26/06 09:57 PM
John,
That sounds like a pretty good idea they are onto there.
Makes perfect sense. [Linked Image]
© ECN Electrical Forums