ECN Forum
Posted By: sparky Conterfeit GFI's - 07/21/01 10:35 PM
Leviton is taking out full page ad's in the trade mag's , seems they are fairly PO'ed about these 'counterfeit GFI's' on the market.
Anyone run into these???
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: Conterfeit GFI's - 07/22/01 01:47 AM
Sparky,

What magazine did you see this in?
Posted By: sparky Re: Conterfeit GFI's - 07/28/01 12:16 AM
page 45 of the July Electrical Contractor mag, seems Leviton is litigating over patents, also note the UL sticker (i would'nt know the diff..)
Posted By: Phil H Re: Conterfeit GFI's - 07/28/01 06:37 AM
While you are on the topic. Sept 1999, UL released a warning about "KIC Corporation" GFCIs that do not meet UL requirements and have a counterfeit UL Mark. http://www.ul.com/about/newsrel/gfci091399.html
Posted By: sparky Re: Conterfeit GFI's - 08/14/01 11:21 PM
It awes me that there are people who would put themselves in such an unquestionable position of liability that they would easily be breakin' rocks in the hot sun for all thier time....
[Linked Image]
Posted By: WARREN1 Re: Conterfeit GFI's - 08/27/01 06:45 PM
Where is "KIC Corporation"? If it not US based, I can understand the counterfeit ring. Recently, here in SC, counterfeit designer clothing got some people arrested. These clothes were made somewhere else and sold here to some unsuspecting people who thought they were getting a real deal. They should have remembered the old saying that if sounds to good to be true, then its probably not true.

Thanks for the info on counterfeit GFCI's.
© ECN Electrical Forums