ECN Forum
Posted By: Grover Shrink wrap lable printer ? - 03/21/07 11:27 PM
Landed a big job - 100's of #16 THHN need to be cut, re-labled and terminated in DIN blocks.

Looked around, and finally bought the DYMO Rhino 3000 (got lots of sequential PLC terminations to do) because it promised to allow "serialization" of lables - sequential numbering.

Problem: Dymo has a minimum lable length of 1.5 inches. It allows you to set fixed length to less, but the default overrides.

At lotsa bucks per 5' spool, I'm wasting 1" for every 1/2" lable I print. Seems like they want to sell a lot of spools!

Where did I go wrong? Anybody got a better solution? What are you using? I'm about ready to return the unit, but go back to handwriting.... frown

Thanks for help guys...

Grov
Posted By: JoeTestingEngr Re: Shrink wrap lable printer ? - 03/22/07 12:25 AM
We use the Brady LS2000 and either vinyl labels (frosted/clear) or Permasleeves. I guess your problem is similar to what I deal with on my Brother P-Touch at home. I try to print several at a time with a few spaces between them so I mimimize the header/footer waste. If you don't need both ends of your cables marked and need every marker serialized, I guess your stuck with the waste.
Joe
Posted By: gfretwell Re: Shrink wrap lable printer ? - 03/22/07 02:29 AM
I have the brother, same problem. What I do is make one long label with as many numbers as the buffer will hold. Just put a few spaces between them. You still waste the inch, but only once per strip of labels.
Posted By: electricman786 Re: Shrink wrap lable printer ? - 03/22/07 05:01 AM
I have Brother P Touch. Same problem and do same as above two people do.
Posted By: Jim M Re: Shrink wrap lable printer ? - 03/23/07 12:58 AM
You may want to check out the Brady IDpal. There are various formats available including ones for wire wraps. You can set the required diameter too.

http://www.bradyidpal.com

They also make a desktop version. This link is for the handheld.
© ECN Electrical Forums