ECN Forum
Posted By: sparky707 Re: Missouri Master Electrician Test - 03/17/07 01:14 AM
Has anyone taken master test in Jefferson, Missouri (March 10,2007) passed and now Jeff won,t issue license because my Journeyman is not in Missouri. Please respond. i spent 20years working in Chicago and suburbs. I worked sears ytower, Ohare airport, Grey Houn Dairyland greyhound park (Kenosha Wi.) From Chicago I.B.E.W. 134. Before I came to Lake of the Ozarks
Now I,m not qualified to work on condo Where is Jeff- City IBEW257. Get down here and organazie!!!!!
Posted By: George Re: Re: Missouri Master Electrician Test - 03/17/07 02:28 PM
The proper way to get licensed is to ask the authorities what the requirements are and then to meet those requirements.

Perhaps if you speak with the authorities and ask for assistance they can waive/alter their requirements.
Posted By: renosteinke Re: Re: Missouri Master Electrician Test - 03/17/07 04:08 PM
Have you visited the Jefferson City Local of the IBEW? For you, getting a 'Missouri J-man card" ought to be as simple as just registering at the Local.

Also, please educate me. I was not aware of ANY requirement in Missouri to be a 'journeyman.' Who issues this credential? The State? The County? Private groups?
Posted By: sparky707 Re: Re: Missouri Master Electrician Test - 03/22/07 10:34 PM
Thanks guys
Posted By: Mark20 Re: Re: Missouri Master Electrician Test - 03/23/07 08:28 PM
sparky, according to NEIS link missouri doesn't offer any statewide licenses. whether it's a journeyman or a contractors license. i guess they're like pennsylvania where different counties have different rules.
© ECN Electrical Forums