ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin * * Scheduled Forum Maintenance * * - 03/09/07 05:21 PM
We're scheduled for some Forum Maintenance this coming Sunday night (3/11/07) and the Forum will be closed for (hopefully) a short period. This is step one of a long overdue software upgrade.

I'm not sure of the time at the moment, but I'd quess it would be after 9 pm EST.

For people using the chat area - I don't think that will be affected, (knocking wood here - [Linked Image] ) except if server has to be restarted, but there may be no link to get there, so you may want to bookmark that now.

Hopefully this will go smoothly and quickly. Thanks in advance for your understanding.

- Bill
Posted By: Trumpy Re: * * Scheduled Forum Maintenance * * - 03/09/07 05:24 PM
Not a problem Bill.
Hope it all goes well. [Linked Image]
Posted By: LK Re: * * Scheduled Forum Maintenance * * - 03/09/07 06:24 PM
Thank you
Thanks Bill!
Posted By: Roger Re: * * Scheduled Forum Maintenance * * - 03/09/07 09:03 PM
Thanks Bill.

Roger
Posted By: gfretwell Re: * * Scheduled Forum Maintenance * * - 03/09/07 09:35 PM
Forum will be closed for (hopefully) a short period. This is step one of a long overdue software upgrade

Well if I never see you guys again this has been fun. Be well!

Sorry I just did a "little" upgrade on my FILs XP machine and he is still down.
Good Luck [Linked Image]
Posted By: ShockMe77 Re: * * Scheduled Forum Maintenance * * - 03/09/07 10:12 PM
Thank You!
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: * * Scheduled Forum Maintenance * * - 03/10/07 03:28 PM
Bump!
Posted By: Trumpy Re: * * Scheduled Forum Maintenance * * - 03/11/07 01:09 AM
Also bear in mind that Daylight Saving begins this weekend too!. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: * * Scheduled Forum Maintenance * * - 03/11/07 03:46 AM
Mike,

The real determining factor regarding time is going to be when I can actually get the person doing the work to come in ... [Linked Image]

Bill
Posted By: pauluk Re: * * Scheduled Forum Maintenance * * - 03/11/07 01:25 PM
Also bear in mind that Daylight Saving begins this weekend too!

Yep, they've changed it in the U.S. to start in March instead of April.

British Summer Time doesn't begin here in the U.K. until March 25.
Bill, out of curiosity, does this update also have anything to do with DST?

Ian A.

[This message has been edited by Theelectrikid (edited 03-11-2007).]
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: * * Scheduled Forum Maintenance * * - 03/11/07 07:41 PM
Bill, out of curiosity, does this update also have anything to do with DST?
Ian,

No, not at all. We're just trying to move to newer and fuller-featured software.

Bill
10-4. Just noticed the time's here are an hour behind and thought I'd ask.

Ian A.
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: * * Scheduled Forum Maintenance * * - 03/11/07 11:48 PM
Bump!
Posted By: Admin Re: * * Scheduled Forum Maintenance * * - 03/12/07 03:19 AM
test post
Posted By: dougwells Re: * * Scheduled Forum Maintenance * * - 03/12/07 03:48 AM
testing
Posted By: Check Pilot Re: * * Scheduled Forum Maintenance * * - 03/12/07 03:49 AM
Workin fine here in Edmonton now.
now i can see it back working now laugh :p
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: * * Scheduled Forum Maintenance * * - 03/12/07 05:20 AM
Seems to work.
Let me know if you spot any problems please.

cool
Bill
Posted By: StarTrek Re: * * Scheduled Forum Maintenance * * - 03/12/07 07:32 AM
All right, everything is back online and working like it should. The slightly refreshed look may take some getting used to but the REAL PROBLEM are the HUGE LIGHT BULBS on the Forums list! They might already be illegal in California and soon will become so in Australia.
Enlarge the space for each bulb, and you might be able to use CFLs. Now THAT would have been Progress! Wait until the climate change guys find out!! They will teach you!! laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: Roger Re: * * Scheduled Forum Maintenance * * - 03/12/07 09:59 AM
Everything seems fine here. StarTrek may have a point though laugh

Roger
Posted By: SteveFehr Re: * * Scheduled Forum Maintenance * * - 03/12/07 10:49 AM
Looking good!
Posted By: Admin Re: * * Scheduled Forum Maintenance * * - 03/12/07 02:28 PM
the REAL PROBLEM are the HUGE LIGHT BULBS on the Forums list!
LOL!

Hey, they said we could use up old stock!

laugh
Bill
Posted By: gfretwell Re: * * Scheduled Forum Maintenance * * - 03/13/07 12:36 AM
You seemed to have changed URLs for the individual BBs (old ones give a real ugly message)and my login did not autostart. Guess I have to go reload my icons.
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: * * Scheduled Forum Maintenance * * - 03/13/07 12:50 AM
You seemed to have changed URLs for the individual BBs (old ones give a real ugly message)and my login did not autostart. Guess I have to go reload my icons.
Just a heads up, they will probably change again. It would probably be easier to put existing threads into an archive, but we're doing our best to keep them active and open.

Bill
© ECN Electrical Forums