ECN Forum
Posted By: Bill Addiss 'a stones throw away' - 01/10/02 08:41 PM
Sorry if anyone has been writing to, or expecting an answer from me. For the past 2 days I've been doing some 'in-depth' research on Kidney Stones!

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

I've been surprised to hear how common they are.
(No graphic stories please !!) [Linked Image]

I was told to drink more fluids, which means the 'the boss' will have to give me more breaks! [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Bill

[This message has been edited by Bill Addiss (edited 01-10-2002).]
Posted By: sparky Re: 'a stones throw away' - 01/10/02 11:51 PM
[Linked Image]A speedy recovery there Bill [Linked Image]
Posted By: Redsy Re: 'a stones throw away' - 01/11/02 02:19 AM
Ouch!
Not my favorite way to spend sick time.
Posted By: sparky66wv Re: 'a stones throw away' - 01/11/02 02:38 AM
Look into ultrasound to bust 'em up...

Hope you get to feeling better, Bill.
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: 'a stones throw away' - 01/11/02 02:42 AM
Not much time spent in pain overall, but it was intense at times. I'm noticing that it seems to happen to a lot of people I know that can set their own schedules, and may tend to skip some breaks just to get things done.

Didn't see your message Virgil. I'm feeling fine now. I would've been here sooner if I could figure a way to dial out of the Hospital room!

Bill

[This message has been edited by Bill Addiss (edited 01-10-2002).]
Posted By: sparky Re: 'a stones throw away' - 01/11/02 11:49 AM
Bill,

are we suggesting contractor related maladies , i thought hair loss was #1....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: electure Re: 'a stones throw away' - 01/11/02 12:55 PM
Bill, I'm sad to hear your not up to par, but real glad to hear your feeling better.

Does the hair loss come from pulling it out?
Out here heart attacks and alcoholism certainly have taken their toll on the management crowd. (STRESS)
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: 'a stones throw away' - 01/11/02 01:46 PM
Sparky,

Does that mean that I'm talking to a bunch of Bald people? [Linked Image]

I wonder if magnetic fields have any common 'harmless' effects that we don't know about?
I always thought that wearing hats was a sure way to lose hair and have tried to limit that whenever possible. Has anyone else heard that?

Electure,

Thanks for the concern, but I'm feeling fine. Overall, there was probably more anxiety over the things I couldn't do by being cooped up than anything else. That probably means that I'm sometimes taking some things too seriously and should be paying more attention to myself.

Bill
Posted By: Joe Tedesco Re: 'a stones throw away' - 01/11/02 02:37 PM
Hey Bill:

Everytime I feel bad I go to the computer supermarket and buy a new toy! Stop what you are doing and go to one now and buy the new Mac that has a DVD burner on it!
Imagine the possibilities!

Seriously, please stay well -- we need your keen eye here overlooking the troops.

PS: Your post on the issue of people looking in here seems to have encouraged more to join!!

Joe
Posted By: Tiffany Sparks Re: 'a stones throw away' - 01/11/02 06:15 PM
Feel better Bill......

And yes, increase fluid intake for sure.....avoid stuff loaded with oxalate, though. (fruit juice mostly)

Would be nice to see pictures of the "posters" here, curious to see just how many of you all have pulled your hair out.

Tiff
Posted By: George Corron Re: 'a stones throw away' - 01/11/02 06:42 PM
Bill,
I think, as a group, we prefer "follically challenged". Hairless ??????????? You want to see pictures of my back ? Lemme put it to you the way my daughter does if she walks past me and I have no shirt on "Nice sweater dad" However, some evil twist of fate, seems to have relieved the top of my head of the odious substance, but hairless, hardly.

Tiffany, Are you nuts??????? That could get REAL ugly, and I'm sure that many electricians pictured together would get us banned by several of the more discriminating servers [Linked Image]
Careful of those stones, dude. I heard it was just plain being mean that gave them to you. [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by George Corron (edited 01-11-2002).]
Posted By: pauluk Re: 'a stones throw away' - 01/11/02 07:59 PM
Hope you're feeling better now Bill. It's sitting around in hospital doing nothing that can be really trying.

Oh yeah: I still have a reasonable quantity of hair!
Posted By: George Corron Re: 'a stones throw away' - 01/12/02 12:37 AM
So do I, weren't you listening? [Linked Image]

On your head????? [Linked Image]
Posted By: sparky66wv Re: 'a stones throw away' - 01/12/02 02:29 AM
Hmmm. Got hair on my head, wear hats "all the time"...

Not much hair anywhere else though... 'cept a real poor excuse for a beard...

Guess I can blame the Cherokee genes...

George, you remind me of the singer in my band, David "Mad Dog" Lynch who "has the stuff squirtin' out all over"!
Posted By: George Corron Re: 'a stones throw away' - 01/12/02 04:08 AM
Sparky,
Better be careful, an electrician that has all his hair is HIGHLY suspect. I don't think he wanted everyone to know this but....(leaning closer to keyboard) I'm pretty sure that's why Paul is being deported. [Linked Image]

Tiffany, Joe already took a group picture of us and posted it. He made a composite of all our best features so's we wouldn't sceer so many women and children [Linked Image] https://www.electrical-contractor.net/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000071.html

[This message has been edited by George Corron (edited 01-11-2002).]
Posted By: pauluk Re: 'a stones throw away' - 01/12/02 05:10 PM
Yeah, on my head George!

I have the excuse that I'm only on this job about a quarter of the time. The rest I'm at the bench at home regaining my sanity! [Linked Image]

P.S. Could I be deported back to Alabam' please??? [Linked Image]
Posted By: George Corron Re: 'a stones throw away' - 01/12/02 08:43 PM
Sorry I'm late, ham tests this morning.
Alabama ? Hmmm, well, that's what it's there for, it's where Sparkys headed if he isn't careful. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Scott35 Re: 'a stones throw away' - 01/13/02 05:49 AM
Bill,

Glad to hear that you are OK.
See any interesting Electrical or comm/data outlets in the Hospital room by chance? [every time I visit someone in a Hospital, gotta take a look at things!].

I like Joe's suggestion about getting some more "Toys".

Take care!!!

Scott SET
© ECN Electrical Forums