ECN Forum
Posted By: aldav53 answer to incorrect 3ph volt reading - 01/10/02 03:59 AM
I found the problem today on the wrong 3ph voltage readings. The customer had some so-called electricians out to do some work previously and they shorted something and blew one of the 3 legs (Phase A) at the meter where the panel was fed from, and they could'nt figure it out so they tied the circuits that were off to breakers on the other working phases just to get it working.
The reason I was getting reading on all 3 phases is it was being backfed through some load. Hard to believe someone could do this and then cover it up and leave it because they couldn't figure it out. It was a new Meineke Muffler business and wasn't open yet so the customer would'nt have noticed more problems until later.
Posted By: mamills Re: answer to incorrect 3ph volt reading - 01/10/02 05:59 PM
Aldav53:

Outstanding! Score one for the good guys. It sounds like you got there just ahead of the Fire Dept. (or the coroner).

Makes you wonder, though...when and where will the wannabee electricians strike next [Linked Image]?
Aldav53;

Hi, I am a new member and been a Electrician for 3 years( no schooling, just on hands ) I have been craving to learn advance electrical work. I will be taking classes soon. I work in residential, some commercial, with guys who really don't know code and do work that goes against code, I am waiting to see photos of their work on this site.I am not that type of electrician, I like to do a job right. I have learned so much from all of the members responses. This is great!!
© ECN Electrical Forums