ECN Forum
Posted By: dougwells Cable Company Install - 12/22/06 02:02 AM
This is BAD!!! http://www.therecord.com/home_page_local_story/home_page_local_story_921320.html
Posted By: trollog Re: Cable Company Install - 12/22/06 02:52 AM
whaddaya expect for $15 per install?
don't even see how you could keep fuel in the tank for that much (or that little)
Posted By: Rich Thomas Re: Cable Company Install - 12/22/06 03:59 AM
I've never seen a clamp like that one. It may be common in cable TV wiring. However, it looks like to me that the clamp was made to be installed that way. I wonder if this method is more common than we know?

I also noticed the wire being connected to the equipment grounding conductor was colored black rather than green or bare copper
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: Cable Company Install - 12/22/06 04:02 AM
OMG!!! You gotta be kidding me!! [Linked Image]
Posted By: dougwells Re: Cable Company Install - 12/22/06 04:21 AM
Those clamps are designed for the #6 bare ground conductor. no that is not their purpose... it is made by T&B under their Sachs line.
Posted By: Elviscat Re: Cable Company Install - 12/22/06 06:08 AM
What A CLOWN

kudos to the telephone guy for noticing something was wrong

-Will

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 12-22-2006).]
Posted By: e57 Re: Cable Company Install - 12/22/06 06:54 AM
And no one buys what I think happened in the powerbook thread???
Posted By: dougwells Re: Cable Company Install - 12/22/06 11:52 AM
this is the product http://catv-cat.tnb.com/tnbcat/tnbc..._id=DSS106&p_category_hier_id=DSS108
Posted By: Theelectrikid Re: Cable Company Install - 12/22/06 12:01 PM
Grrr! CONTRACTORS!! What do ya expect from the cheap cable companies?

Ian A.
Posted By: girl germs Re: Cable Company Install - 12/22/06 04:25 PM
How does a company just NOT NOTICE that some idiot they've hired is doing crazy things??? That would be a hard thing to overlook when checking over someone's work, and surely they would check a new guy's work at least a coupla times before having him out representing the company...

And as for Rogers, "we always regret when there's anything that is either dangerous or even inconvenient to our customers"... well gee, the fact that they "ALWAYS REGRET" it just makes it all better doesn't it. *puke* They don't exactly instill confidence that it's a rare situation.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Cable Company Install - 12/22/06 05:47 PM
How does a company just NOT NOTICE that some idiot they've hired is doing crazy things??? That would be a hard thing to overlook when checking over someone's work, and surely they would check a new guy's work at least a coupla times before having him out representing the company...

You can answer your own question by realizing that cable companies are slime balls that charge subscribers exorbitant money then use it to buy sports teams, networks, and their executives yachts and lavish homes. With what's left they pay their employees a poverty level income.

Subcontractors are at the very bottom of the barrel and get paid a fixed amount per job and per set. The faster you work the more you do and the the more pittance you make per day.

I can tell you from experience that the only time someone actually checks an install is when there is a problem, a tech from the company responds and happens to notice something like this. He might report it to superiors but the attitude usually is, unless someone makes a stink, so what.

-Hal
Posted By: George Re: Cable Company Install - 12/22/06 06:07 PM
Oh, come on now.

While the installation is not code compliant, there is no more danger there than a code compliant installation.
Posted By: ITO Re: Cable Company Install - 12/22/06 06:43 PM
$15? Looks like he got what he paid for, what's the problem?
© ECN Electrical Forums