ECN Forum
Posted By: Cinner Fire Alarm System - 08/23/06 05:49 AM
Has anyone encountered a very old fire alarm system that has a seperate 2 wire circuit with an EOL at each device? I am working on an existing fire alarm system that runs 2 wires in(red and black) and 2 wires out to next pull station or to the end of line resistor...but it also has a second circuit ( 2 blue wires) to each pull station with a different eol resistor at each pull station.

Does anyone know what the 2 blue wire circuit is and why there is a EOL at each device?

[This message has been edited by Cinner (edited 08-23-2006).]
Posted By: mikesh Re: Fire Alarm System - 08/23/06 03:59 PM
Is it a 2 stage Fire Alarm? Are there key switches at the pull stations in addition to the regular switch?

Maybe some auxilliary control for FA initiation by Pull station like a door holder or lock?

Secure the control cabinet and bell circuits. arrange a time to pull a breakglass and see what happens.
Posted By: togol Re: Fire Alarm System - 08/23/06 10:22 PM
it may be a supervisory circuit, but I am not certain...might be used to pinpoint which station is in alarm alarm
Posted By: deverson Re: Fire Alarm System - 08/25/06 11:08 PM
The blue wires are probably for the glass break feature. If you break the glass rod you get a trouble. I haven't seen one in a few years but used to deal with them weekly.
Dave
© ECN Electrical Forums