ECN Forum
Posted By: Rabbit Strange Request - 06/27/06 06:05 PM
Does anyone know where I can buy a pole mount distribution transformer? Here's the thing, I only want:can, bushings and secondary terminals. No windings or oil.
Posted By: Dnkldorf Re: Strange Request - 06/27/06 08:47 PM
Call Randy at this place, tell him what you want, he can probably help you...
www.electricalconnector.com
Posted By: e57 Re: Strange Request - 06/27/06 11:18 PM
"No windings"

Not much of a transformer is it?
Posted By: Ron Re: Strange Request - 06/28/06 01:32 AM
That gives me a great idea for a Halloween costume [Linked Image]
Posted By: BigB Re: Strange Request - 06/28/06 02:36 AM
Ah...you want one of those wireless transformers. I don't think they have been invented yet...sounds like you are setting up an elaborate practical joke!
Posted By: Radar Re: Strange Request - 06/28/06 02:52 AM
Come on Rabbit - the suspense is killing us. You gotta tell us what yer making.
Sounds hillarious.

[This message has been edited by Radar (edited 06-27-2006).]
Posted By: scameron81 Re: Strange Request - 06/28/06 06:16 PM
If you find where to get one let me know. It would make a great garbage can for my office.
Posted By: Rabbit Re: Strange Request - 06/28/06 06:17 PM
Thanks for the replies.I aquire things first THEN find a use for them [Linked Image] It will look drop dead cool sitting in my house. What's that honey? What do you mean divorce? It will make a good jacob's ladder base or coin bank oooh maybe a chair.
Posted By: gfretwell Re: Strange Request - 06/28/06 08:10 PM
You might have some luck if you talked to your local power company. Don't bother the folks downtown, go out to the yard where they load and unload the trucks. You might need to deal with some nasty oil tho. The EPA may not just let you take an old one and throw the stuff you don't want in the trash.

The POCO is certainly the place to ask these questions, since they have bad ones all the time. I bet they rip them apart, salvage the copper, properly dispose of the oil and the rest is trash but the can will probably be destroyed in the process.
Posted By: Rewired Re: Strange Request - 06/28/06 11:49 PM
Ahh sounds interesting!!
Kind of like how I want to take one of my " small" cobrahead streetlights, gut the ballast, make a funky base to hold it up and basically make it into a different sort of floor lamp / reading lamp for the rec room...
Ahh if only I had the time!!

A.D
Posted By: gfretwell Re: Strange Request - 06/29/06 01:43 AM
I have a real fireplug in the back yard for my dog. I saw the county replacing one that was hit by a car and it still looked OK to me [Linked Image]
Posted By: pauluk Re: Strange Request - 06/29/06 08:10 AM
No windings or oil.

Ah.... This must be one of those "audio grade" transformers we've been searching for to go with the "audio grade" receptacles -- No nasty copper windings to make the sound fuzzy. [Linked Image]
© ECN Electrical Forums