ECN Forum
Posted By: Jps1006 senior prank - 06/08/06 12:28 PM
Based on the plan as described, getting caught probably saved severe injury or death. It sounds like the plan was to throw the main and then clip the wires in the transformer. I can only figure the reason for killing the main was to kill the transformer, which we all know wouldn't happen. Unless they knew they were only killing the load.
http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-prank08.html
Posted By: mamills Re: senior prank - 06/08/06 01:40 PM
These two meatheads (I REFUSE to refer to them erroneously as "Honor Students" [Linked Image] ) literally owe their lives to the maintenance worker who caught them in the act. Certainly the moron who was monkeying around with the transformer would not have escaped with anything less than some very severe burns.

A nice LONG stretch in jail would be an ideal place for these two braintrusts to consider what they did and what the consequences could have been.

Mike (mamills)

[This message has been edited by mamills (edited 06-08-2006).]

[This message has been edited by mamills (edited 06-08-2006).]
Posted By: Tiger Re: senior prank - 06/08/06 05:31 PM
I like the other prank a lot better...disassembling a Ford F-150 and reassembling it inside the school (with permission).

...and the kid by the transformer would have been toasted.

Dave
Posted By: Alan Nadon Re: senior prank - 06/08/06 09:09 PM
Forget sending them to jail. That cost the tax payers money. Instead make them repeat their senior year with a major in manual trades, i.e. shop class.
Maybe when they finish the year they will ralize how close to being crispy critters they came.
Then again it might just teach them how to make a bigger mess next time.
Alan--
Posted By: Av-guy Re: senior prank - 06/09/06 06:32 AM
*Don't try this at home*

(sarcasm)Anyway, if you need that kind of fun, try doing maintenance on 24kV feeder *live*(/sarcasm) [Linked Image]
© ECN Electrical Forums