ECN Forum
Posted By: e57 ser-ver sl-ow.... - 05/26/06 12:07 AM
Seems the site is having some traffic? Site loading VERY, VERY SLOW!
Posted By: Trumpy Re: ser-ver sl-ow.... - 05/26/06 03:21 AM
I agree Mark,
It's taken me 10 minutes just to get this far.
Also I can't get into the Chat room because the Java applet won't load for some strange reason.
[Linked Image]

{Edit:I managed to get into the Chat room, although I had to use Internet Explorer to do it.
Pages are taking 5-6 minutes to load}

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 05-26-2006).]
Posted By: Roger Re: ser-ver sl-ow.... - 05/26/06 01:21 PM
I had the same problems, but just now it seems to be as fast or faster than ever.

Roger
Posted By: Admin Re: ser-ver sl-ow.... - 05/26/06 02:50 PM
Sorry Guys, I heard there were/are routing problems in near NY City. Hopefully it will be cleared up soon.

Bill
Posted By: NJwirenut Re: ser-ver sl-ow.... - 05/26/06 03:25 PM
Seems much better now...
Posted By: Trumpy Re: ser-ver sl-ow.... - 05/26/06 04:49 PM
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
It's off like a bullet now!. [Linked Image]
Posted By: mamills Re: ser-ver sl-ow.... - 05/26/06 05:08 PM
Working great now...finally. I was starting to suffer withdrawl [Linked Image].

Mike (mamills)
Posted By: Scott35 Re: ser-ver sl-ow.... - 05/26/06 08:16 PM
I am still getting random situations, where a ton of Pings go on, yet everything gets ......... stuck .......... in .......... Neutral........ for around 10 seconds..... the.e...eeeen, the page finishes being built.

Sorry Guys, I heard there were/are routing problems in near NY City. Hopefully it will be cleared up soon.

I was thinking those clowns were back messing with the Telco Trunk (happened a few years ago - they took out Bill's T-1 Service and ECN came to a screaching halt).

Scott35
Posted By: Dnkldorf Re: ser-ver sl-ow.... - 05/26/06 08:34 PM
Mine is still slow too.....used to be much faster....all other pages load quickly.
Posted By: Trumpy Re: ser-ver sl-ow.... - 05/26/06 08:43 PM
Scott,
I was thinking those clowns were back messing with the Telco Trunk (happened a few years ago - they took out Bill's T-1 Service and ECN came to a screaching halt).
Ahh yeah I remember that, I thought I was going to die!. [Linked Image]
Posted By: RODALCO Re: ser-ver sl-ow.... - 05/27/06 09:05 AM
Access speed is OK now, but access was very slow over the last couple of days.

Overload on the local Telco network ??

[Linked Image] Raymond
Posted By: sparkync Re: ser-ver sl-ow.... - 06/02/06 01:17 AM
Still way too slow. I just had to wait 30 to 45 seconds on each click [Linked Image]
In a time when we expect on the spot functioning, it really tries our patience [Linked Image]
Posted By: Trumpy Re: ser-ver sl-ow.... - 06/02/06 02:44 AM
You have to admit though, this site is remarkably reliable.
I've been coming here almost daily for what seems like ages and I think there has only been about 3-4 outages, 2 of which were due to sabotage.
It's pretty good going, considering this site is free to use. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Elviscat Re: ser-ver sl-ow.... - 06/02/06 03:21 AM
not to mention we're not bombarded by pop-ups and banner ads, and imbedded flash ads everywhere
-will
Posted By: mbhydro Re: ser-ver sl-ow.... - 06/02/06 04:23 AM
Had the same problem over the last few days with this and a few other sites either being slow or saying not found.

The fix from the Telephone company help desk was to recycle the internet digital TV / High speed modem box. For what ever reason it flushed the problem and the speed and site access has come back.

Had this combination for over 2 years and this is the first time I had to do this.
Posted By: sparkync Re: ser-ver sl-ow.... - 06/03/06 12:10 AM
Yes, in all the little "kinks" of the system, this is still a great sight. And by the way, it is going super fast again [Linked Image]
© ECN Electrical Forums