ECN Forum
Posted By: kdal Signs we are getting older - 04/28/06 12:31 AM
Besides the first pair of those "reading glasses"
When you have to decide rather you want to step over the trailer tongue or walk around.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: Signs we are getting older - 04/28/06 01:45 AM
Heck, glasses since I was 15! Old is a state of mind IMHO.

Staying active has to be a way of life, as long as you are physically able.

I really felt 'old' when the doc said I have a heart situation 5 years ago; but I'm still 'tickin' & 'kickin'

"OLD" is when the doctor looks like a 'kid'

John
Posted By: gfretwell Re: Signs we are getting older - 04/28/06 03:27 AM
You know you are an old inspector when 110.26(D) is your most common violation.
Posted By: Kenbo Re: Signs we are getting older - 04/28/06 11:38 AM
Being a gray haired sort of gent from a young age I used to say "Better gray hair than no hair" Till the other week when I decided that a crew cut would suit my maturing years better.

Now I say "Reciding hair line. Its not sore" [Linked Image]
Posted By: gfretwell Re: Signs we are getting older - 04/28/06 05:29 PM
Yup, it turns grey, then it turns loose.
Posted By: MikeW Re: Signs we are getting older - 04/28/06 05:54 PM
I had a good point to make but I can't remember what it was!
Posted By: feather Re: Signs we are getting older - 04/28/06 06:13 PM
CAn you remember gas at 30 cents a gallon and you got dishes. Saturday morning ruled by Hoppy, Gene, and Roy no cartoons. women got "dressed" to go shopping, no jeans. Streecars then your old
Posted By: MikeW Re: Signs we are getting older - 04/28/06 07:31 PM
feather, I can remember all that (long ago) stuff you mention but I still can't seem to remember the point I wanted to make a couple of minutes ago.

[This message has been edited by MikeW (edited 04-28-2006).]

[This message has been edited by MikeW (edited 04-28-2006).]
Posted By: luckyshadow Re: Signs we are getting older - 04/28/06 09:28 PM
"Yup, it turns grey, then it turns loose."

You mean it's supposed turn grey FIRST !!!!
boy have I been ripped off !

I realized I wasn't the young guy on the job when I started teaching apprentices that were younger then my kids .

[This message has been edited by luckyshadow (edited 04-28-2006).]
Posted By: SolarPowered Re: Signs we are getting older - 04/28/06 11:16 PM
I found myself single again at age 37. At that point in time, any gal who had finished college was in an age range where it was plausible that we could date. Fifteen years is a bit of a stretch, but there are certainly many mainstream couples around where the husband is 15 years older than the wife.

After several years of being single, it was quite a shock to realize that many of the attractive women of marriagable age around me were way too young. No longer was any available SYT fair game. [Linked Image]
Posted By: HCE727 Re: Signs we are getting older - 04/28/06 11:46 PM
When your Inspector retires and his son takes over. When you go to watch a softball game, in a league that you used to play in, and all of the players are sons of guy's that you played with. Oh and I can't see anymore.
Posted By: Redsy Re: Signs we are getting older - 04/28/06 11:49 PM
A golfer needs a caddy, but only 75 year-old Henry is available. He asks Henry if he can still caddy and Henry says "I sure can". He then asks Henry how good his sight is and he says "pefect". So the golfer hires him.
After driving a long shot, the golfer asks Henry if he saw where the ball went, and Henry says "yeah". So the golfer asks Henry where it is and Henry pauses for a second and replies - "I forget".
Posted By: George Corron Re: Signs we are getting older - 04/28/06 11:52 PM
Kdal: When you have to decide rather you want to step over the trailer tongue or walk around.

If you can still decide to go OVER it, it ain't all that bad. When you're still figuring you can go over, and wonder just WHY you decided to lay down for a nap next to the trailer, it's time to learn to go around!! Yup, I go around 'em now. [Linked Image]

As far as the hair goes, well it definitely goes, mine would rather turn loose than turn gray...well, except the beard. I noticed sometime ago that my wife hung a picture of an old guy over our bathroom mirror.

I got 'er back by telling all the neighbors she was sleeping with an old, arthritic, bald headed, gray bearded geezer!!!!
Posted By: ShockMe77 Re: Signs we are getting older - 04/29/06 12:59 AM
I felt old the other day when I asked my helper if he remembered "that episode of Happy Days when Fonzie..." and he had no clue who Fonzie was.
Posted By: briselec Re: Signs we are getting older - 04/29/06 01:33 PM
You know you're getting on when you realize that old looking guy in the supply house was an apprentice you worked with when you were a young tradesman.
© ECN Electrical Forums