ECN Forum
Posted By: ShockMe77 RNC used for services - 03/11/06 01:12 AM
Maybe this should've gone in the Code portion of the site, but what the heck....

When doing a service in rigid nonmetallic conduit, does the pipe going from the bottom of the meter pan, to the point where the LB enters the structure, need to be fastened within 12" of the bottom of the pan if it is already sturdy w/o a strap? I've always made it a point to make sure a strap was in place if the piece was longer than 12," but today I had a difficult time bending the pipe because of how the siding on the house was.
Posted By: Electricmanscott Re: RNC used for services - 03/11/06 01:29 AM
I know I'll be raked over the coals for this but I usually put a screw through the back of the lb and into the house. It is almost impossible to make an offset on such a small piece of pipe.
Posted By: ShockMe77 Re: RNC used for services - 03/11/06 01:34 AM
I know I've done that a few times myself. The most common 'problem' on a residential service (IMO) is the space from where the aluminum siding ends, and the foundation begins. That gap area is what I am referring to.
Posted By: HCE727 Re: RNC used for services - 03/11/06 02:43 AM
Since we are talking about pvc and services, It would be nice if they made a mogul pulling lb in pvc for those services that you are sleeving seu with. I know the trick about going one size up on the lb, but it looks bad sometimes.
Posted By: Tom Re: RNC used for services - 03/11/06 04:54 PM
HCE727,

there is a product on the market called "EZ LB" and while it is not a mogul lb, it comes apart so that all that is left when you take the cover off is the 2 hubs & back of the LB. A real knuckle saver IMO.
Posted By: HCE727 Re: RNC used for services - 03/12/06 01:03 AM
Tom, is it PVC, who makes it?
© ECN Electrical Forums