ECN Forum
Posted By: dman Pull chains? - 02/22/06 09:03 PM
A customer of mine would like pull chains installed on their 208V 40A patio heaters. Does anyone know where I can find a heavy duty pull chain setup for these? (i've looked around but cant find anything)

Dustin
Posted By: n1ist Re: Pull chains? - 02/22/06 09:46 PM
Can you go with regular pull chains and a contactor?
Posted By: Rewired Re: Pull chains? - 02/22/06 09:49 PM
I have NEVER seen such an animal.. If you want to have the heater controlled with a P-chain, a regular one would have to be wired into the control circuit if one exists within the heater ( providing the P-Chain's voltage rating matches or exceeds the control circuit voltage).. A unit that big would most likely have a contactor that controls the heater and the contactor coil will be driven from a circuit that contains all the control / safety devices..
Are these patio heaters 208 single phase or are they 3-phase?...

Just curious..
A.D

[This message has been edited by Rewired (edited 02-22-2006).]
Posted By: dman Re: Pull chains? - 02/22/06 09:57 PM
I could but I would like to find something made to fit in the single gang boxes located on the heaters. If i did a contactor i'd have to add a separate box somewhere.
Posted By: dman Re: Pull chains? - 02/22/06 10:08 PM
rewired- these are in a 3-phase system. Also, I dont beleive there is a contactor in the system already (although i havent checked). It looks as though the heaters are wired directly to the panel, where they are currently switched from.
© ECN Electrical Forums