ECN Forum
Posted By: MikeK3145 Multi Location Dimmers - 12/23/05 11:44 AM
Lutron has the Maestro, Leviton the Mural, P&S the Leandro. Has anyone installed enough of them to offer an opinion on quality?
Posted By: Active 1 Re: Multi Location Dimmers - 12/23/05 03:26 PM
A great money maker. Instead of selling 1 dimmer you sell a few. For many 3 ways it makes sence to control the light from both ends. A standard dimmer could be set so low you have no light to go up a stairs or what ever.

I only have used the Maestro. Myself I get tired of the fade from off to on feature. But many people like it. The slow fade off is neat if your leaving the room. I believe there is a simular version that you could adjust the fade rate. I forgot if it was the Spacer, IR, or ?. I also like them becacse it is not a slide or rotory dimmer that seem to get loose and warn with time.

Do figure a bit more time installing. It matters what travelier gos on what screw (was a pig tail). I think they could do a better job with the instructions and diagrams. I want to say it only shows how to hook it up when the remote is on the switch leg side. You can hook the remote up to the hot side but it has to be wired slightly different.

I read the directions, looked in the back of the catolog, and went to their seminar but was never really told how they work. I herd on travilier is a hot and the other is a signal wire but I don't know. If they don't work start flipping traveliers and make sure the dimmer is on (air gap switch at the bottom).

Tom
© ECN Electrical Forums