ECN Forum
Posted By: hypress What we need - 07/26/05 10:46 PM
Ever wonder why there is not a technical organization for electricians? Process instrumentation people have ISA Instrumentation Society of America HVACR have RSES REfrigeration Service Engineers Society Traffic signal people have IMSA International Municiple Signal Association Why not electricians?
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: What we need - 07/26/05 11:38 PM
Guess we have to settle for...

NJ State Council of Electrical Contractors
(Branches in all counties)

Can't say there technical, but it's something.

John
Posted By: Alan Belson Re: What we need - 07/27/05 07:33 AM
I'm a member of a society which caters for a broad spectrum of electricians and others of a like mind. Once you're a member you get access to technical information, Codes, safety, products, techniques, tools, advice, education and humour, plus lots more. It's called ECN!
Go Team!!

Alan
Posted By: Ron Re: What we need - 07/27/05 06:50 PM
http://www.necanet.org/ http://www.netaworld.org/

[This message has been edited by Ron (edited 07-27-2005).]
Posted By: e57 Re: What we need - 07/28/05 01:04 AM
hypress,

I think I'm with you on that? Something like NICET?

Something with nationally recongnized certification, and membership, outside of the realm of the IBEW.

Or Trade organizations like the NECA?
Posted By: renosteinke Re: What we need - 07/28/05 01:05 AM
That's an interesting idea.....I'm glad to see NECA has re-vamped their web-site; prior versions seemed to say only utilities could be members!
NECA does go on to say that 99% of their memebers are "union" companies....so I suppose the "trade group" for electricians is the IBEW!

The IAEI is, naturally, focused on inspectors. And the NFPA can't seem to get a bulliten board going, either.

Maybe ECN will be the place where this all gets started.....
Posted By: LK Re: What we need - 07/28/05 09:58 PM
Hmmm !
Posted By: renosteinke Re: What we need - 07/29/05 02:01 AM
The chapter of NECA that covers Reno has made it plain to me today that they have absolutely no interest in having non-union members.
© ECN Electrical Forums