ECN Forum
Posted By: Yoopersup Credits Toward Licenses - 07/25/05 12:43 PM
I was wondering how many Guys carry Electrical licenses in several States and if they do . How they go about getting renewal Credits in the most cost effect way??
Thanks in Advance
Posted By: Ryan_J Re: Credits Toward Licenses - 07/25/05 02:20 PM
Many states will reciprocate with one another. For example, I am approved to provide CEU's for Utah, Idaho and Wyoming. When I teach for IAEI I am approved in something like 15 states.

I would reccomend checking with your licensing agency.
Posted By: Yoopersup Re: Credits Toward Licenses - 07/25/05 06:49 PM
I;m licensed in 5 states myself as an instructor but be nice if someone like I.A.E.I. could put on courses credited in all states. Or at least most!Most times its just a matter of registering the course in that state.I have to to get 200 plus hrs every code cycle for license renewal, traveling around the country to get credits. Sometimes the same course but in a different state.
Posted By: luckyshadow Re: Credits Toward Licenses - 07/26/05 01:41 AM
Heres a thought - a nationwide license.
They did it with the truck drivers with the CDL . Why not a nationwide databank for electrical license.
Posted By: Ray97502 Re: Credits Toward Licenses - 07/26/05 04:05 AM
What a pleasant thought a national license for a national code....But then you’d be killing a bunch of state agencies that have their kingdoms and revenues...I would love to see it but more realistically I'd like to see a national standard for licenses to be administered by each state. And maybe you would pay a working fee for registration with that state. And you would pay the national fee to the state you were working in when the renewal period was up. Loose your lic in one state and you are out in all states...would that seem fair?
Aw what a pipe dream….Hey I wonder do plumbers have pipe dreams?
Posted By: hypress Re: Credits Toward Licenses - 07/26/05 10:34 PM
In the late 80s there was a organization the NATIONAL BOARD OF ELECTRICAL EXAMANERS that tried to get a national license . I think about the best they did was about 5 states I had a national journeymans license from them.I have only met one other national licensed electrician from the NBEE. Needless to say the organization was short lived.
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: Credits Toward Licenses - 07/26/05 11:45 PM
OK 200 hours every code cycle.....the guys in NJ are complaining that the "OLD" 10 hours jumped to 34 hours every cycle.

I have that plus 40 for my AHJ Lic., and if I take the CO Lic, add another 24. But, that's not bad compared to 200 hours!

THe only other Lic I have is Pa. AHJ, and I don't know about the CE requirements there, or if they recipro w/NJ

John
© ECN Electrical Forums