ECN Forum
Posted By: Jps1006 ladder diagrams? - 07/14/05 01:18 PM
I think that's what it's called, ladder diagram. You know, the control wiring schematic that has the numbered lines down the one side and has each switch, load, etc. called out, and then referenced to the line number that shows another diagram.

Well, can someone explain how these are supposed to be read? It was explained to me once very quickly, and I have muddled my way through troubleshooting with one before, but I have a hard time seeing how what is on paper really relates to what I am looking at. Even a link or recommended book would be helpful.
Posted By: NJwirenut Re: ladder diagrams? - 07/14/05 03:48 PM
http://www.ibiblio.org/obp/electricCircuits/Digital/DIGI_6.html
Posted By: rad74ss Re: ladder diagrams? - 07/14/05 06:15 PM
I sent a PDF document direct to you. It may take a while due to my spam filter. Keep in mind that the drafting program has a lot to do with the layout and numbering systems. Logic diagrams (like PLC logic) are a whole nother animal.

Flow is left to right. Contacts are usually shown in the de-energized position.
Posted By: mxslick Re: ladder diagrams? - 07/15/05 07:02 AM
Excellent link, NJwirenut!!
Posted By: Trumpy Re: ladder diagrams? - 07/16/05 11:47 AM
Good on ya Kenny!. [Linked Image]
Great link!. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Jps1006 Re: ladder diagrams? - 07/20/05 12:52 AM
Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I just got back from vacation and have a ton of catch up, but am going to check out NJ's link a bit more carefully when I get a chance and Rad, I got your Email, thanks. Be expecting a few Q's as I browse over your example. Thanks again
© ECN Electrical Forums