ECN Forum
Posted By: Bill Addiss * * Welcome New Members * * - 04/29/05 02:31 PM
Welcome to all the New Members here!

If you haven't posted anything yet here's a good opportunity to get your feet wet. Say Hello, tell us where you're from, even a 'test post' if you're not sure how things work yet.

[Linked Image]
Bill
Posted By: rcksmith127 Re: * * Welcome New Members * * - 04/29/05 03:04 PM
Hello Bill, thank you for the welcome. I live in Massachusetts. I have been in the electrical industry for 15 years. I have worked as an apprentice, journeyman, foreman, general foreman, superintendant, project manager and estimator. I am a memeber of the IBEW. I wouldn't change that for anything. I have made a good living, with great benefits. I am a first generation electrician in my family.
The only thing I haven't accomplished yet that I want to is working for myself. I am going for my Masters license this summer and if all goes well I will be in "business" for my self shortly after that. Thats all for now.

[This message has been edited by rcksmith127 (edited 04-29-2005).]
Posted By: Trumpy Re: * * Welcome New Members * * - 04/29/05 04:33 PM
Good call Bill!,
I was actually thinking about a thread like this earlier on.
rcksmith,
Great to have you along, in the group and I'm sure you'll be of help to us as much as we will be to you. [Linked Image]
I'd also invite anyone else that want's to come in and say hello.
We don't bite, you know.

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 04-29-2005).]
Posted By: Roger Re: * * Welcome New Members * * - 04/29/05 06:42 PM
Welcome to all new members. You will find a great group of people here.

Roger
Posted By: GOVMAN Re: * * Welcome New Members * * - 04/29/05 06:48 PM
Hello and thanks for the welcome what a great place to be.
Posted By: HammerTym Re: * * Welcome New Members * * - 04/29/05 10:42 PM
Thanks to all for the welcome. Have enjoyed reading post on ECN for months now. I am a second-year apprentice hear in Missouri. Lot of helpful info for the residential electricians, like myself.
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: * * Welcome New Members * * - 04/30/05 02:39 AM
I see a couple of new 'Faces' here.
Welcome Aboard!

Anybody else want to step up?

[Linked Image]
Bill
Posted By: spark1051 Re: * * Welcome New Members * * - 04/30/05 04:10 AM
Thanks all for the welcome. I live in Tennessee I have been in the Electrical field for about 25 years give or take. Done just about it all in that time mostly residential and commercial. Some Industrial. I also do alot of additions and maintenance work at the local hospital where I live. Thanks again for welcome.
Posted By: sawdust454 Re: * * Welcome New Members * * - 05/01/05 12:45 AM
Thanks Bill, I have been in the electrical field for 20 years. I have done residential,commercial and industrial wiring.I passed the Virginia master exam in 1991. For the past 10 years I have worked for a medical device manafacturer where I learned programmable logic controllers, control wiring and got some serious hands on machine building.I also run a residential and commercial contracting business. This forum is great, I look forward to reading post's several times a day.
Ron
Posted By: Trumpy Re: * * Welcome New Members * * - 05/01/05 01:43 AM
Welcome all,
Yes there is something here for everyone in the Electrical Field.
Glad to have you new guys along!. [Linked Image]
Posted By: srssemass Re: * * Welcome New Members * * - 05/01/05 02:35 AM
Hello all,
I'm new here. I just found this site today. I'm a newly licenced Mass Journeyman. I work for a small family company that specializes in custom, high end, residential work in SE Mass. I'm looking forward to browsing this site and learning a thing or two!
Posted By: Ron Braggins Re: * * Welcome New Members * * - 05/02/05 07:49 PM
Thanks Bill & everyone for the welcome.
As an Englishman I 'carried the tools' in London and SE England followed by a spell runing my own domestic contracting business until the usual difficulties in getting payment raised its continuously ugly head and I joined AEI Cables, a group company of GEC England; where I served as Export & Composite Contracts Manager,selling power cables and managing a small team of engineers providing a supervisory installation and maintenance service to a number of UK Regional Electrical Authorities - mainly the London, Eastern and Southern Boards, but also in Saudi Arabia and the Gulf States.
I am now retired, living in Kent with a continuing interest in elecricity in all its forms - in particular, electrical theory - with photography as a somewhat less captivating subject.
I am presently avidly viewing your various discussion groups.
Ron Braggins
Posted By: Tom H Re: * * Welcome New Members * * - 05/02/05 11:47 PM
Hello all

My name is Tom and I live in Connecticut. I run a small shop doing mainly residential installs in Connecticut. I am a certified Lutron HomeWorks, RadioRa and Shading Systems Installer. I have a couple of full time employees. I’ve been in the trades since I could swing a hammer, fathers a carpenter, electrician for the past 18 years, and a licensed contractor for the past 2. This forum is great and I found some useful insight and I shared some advice already. In my spare time [yeah right] I play bass in a band, I have two wonderful kids ages 3 and 1, a wonderfully helpful wife without which I would still have tax info from 2003 on my desk. [Linked Image]
Posted By: srssemass Re: * * Welcome New Members * * - 05/04/05 02:49 AM
Hey Tom H,
What a coincidence! I too play bass in a band! (Boston-based wedding band). I find it kind of cool being an electrician in a band. I've built lighting controls for the group and anytime a client or club owner wants to know what we need for electricity, I'm the go-to guy.
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: * * Welcome New Members * * - 05/07/05 02:51 AM
Bump ...

Anyone else??

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Harvey Re: * * Welcome New Members * * - 05/08/05 05:51 AM
Hello All

I am somewhat new here (only one previous post) but am hardly "new." I'm a retired electricity/electronics instructor but am now mostly involved with engineering projects and writing. ECN is really an interesting forum.

Harvey Olsen
Chicago Ridge, IL
Posted By: Trumpy Re: * * Welcome New Members * * - 05/08/05 07:06 AM
Welcome along Harvey,
Good to have you in the group!. [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: Theelectrikid Re: * * Welcome New Members * * - 05/08/05 11:46 PM
Welcome aboard to all new Members!
Posted By: dougwells Re: * * Welcome New Members * * - 05/09/05 03:51 AM
Yes welcome all new members also
Posted By: Ryan_J Re: * * Welcome New Members * * - 05/09/05 12:49 PM
My warmest welcome as well.
© ECN Electrical Forums