ECN Forum
Posted By: :andy: Looking for topic - sunburn by HQI lamp - 03/14/05 01:14 PM
i'm looking for an older thread i cant find in the forum search.

It was about some people's skin injured by a HQI lamp with missing UV filter. Anyone knows where to find it?
Posted By: e57 Re: Looking for topic - sunburn by HQI lamp - 03/15/05 03:37 AM
I have had trouble finding some of older topics that I have wanted to re-look at too.

Anyway, I'm not sure if you can get a sunburn, but I have seen furnature get "sun-bleached" from metal halide lamps. Designer spec'ed them for a furnature showroom - destroyed all the furnature!
I remember see the news clip.
it was in a school gym. the people a sat under the lamp for like six hours or something.
diffrent store but my wife got burned once.
she found a uv/metel halide lamp at goodwill took it home and put her face infront of it for just two or three min. she look like a lobster in the middle of winter. it was really funny looken but scary at the same time. shes got more frekls now.
Posted By: :andy: Re: Looking for topic - sunburn by HQI lamp - 03/15/05 01:51 PM
there was a thread here about the people in the school gym.
I wanted to take the text and post it to a diy- video beamer forum, those guys take the outer glass of their metal halide lamps off to optimize whatever.

[This message has been edited by :andy: (edited 03-15-2005).]
Look at this document . And this one and this one . Note that a code change in the 2005 code requires the use of enclosed fixtures or open fixtures with type "O" lamps to address this problem.
Don

[This message has been edited by resqcapt19 (edited 03-15-2005).]
:andy:

Is this it? >>
https://www.electrical-contractor.net/ubb/Forum14/HTML/000601.html
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Looking for topic - sunburn by HQI lamp - 03/16/05 11:18 AM
I think that could be it Bill!. [Linked Image]
Posted By: :andy: Re: Looking for topic - sunburn by HQI lamp - 03/16/05 03:38 PM
it is, thanks alot!!
Posted By: Ryan_J Re: Looking for topic - sunburn by HQI lamp - 03/16/05 06:39 PM
You can also look at the ROP/ROC substantiation for the change to 410.4
© ECN Electrical Forums