ECN Forum
Posted By: ToHo OH Service Cable - 02/17/05 12:27 AM
I got a call from a customer to replace his OH service.The meter is located on a pole out by the street.The existing service is carried to the house on a messenger cable.The service then gets spliced to a SEU to enter the house.My question is about the type of insulation on the conductors used w/ the messenger cable to bring the service to house.I'm looking at table 310.20. I'd like to know if there is one type (THHN,XHHW etc.)that is used more often than others. Also the Temp rating of 75 or 90.Any info is greatly appreciated....Thanks ToHo
Posted By: Bob Re: OH Service Cable - 02/17/05 12:48 AM
This site has your information.
Posted By: iwire Re: OH Service Cable - 02/17/05 07:10 PM
Are you sure it is the customers cable to replace?

It may be the power companies cable.
Posted By: ToHo Re: OH Service Cable - 02/17/05 07:48 PM
The customer told me a car took out the pole in the past & the poco response was its the customers responsible for service running to the house from the pole. The PoCo's was only responsible for the feed to the splice point on the line side of the meter. ToHo
© ECN Electrical Forums