ECN Forum
Posted By: DougW Some good luck, for a change - 01/30/05 09:54 PM
As most of you know, last April my truck got hit by a crackhead, and my tools got ripped off. Well, sometimes the good things happen by chance as well. I was lucky enough to score some tools from a friend's folks estate, and now this.

The shift cable on the wife's car got broken during the big snowstorm last week, so, since I was on duty, I had her get it towed to a buddy's transmission shop.

The day we picked it up, one of his mechanics bought a '94 GMC pickup with a TailGater double-lid aluminum low-rise cap, an aluminum ladder rack, and a supported (tracked) 2-drawer system in the bed.

Look here for a picture.

He was going to cut it all up and sell it for scrap, since he didn't need it, and he was just going to use the truck to haul his 4-wheelers around. Luckily, my buddy remembered that I was looking for something, (having sold my unsecure cap to a co-worker) and gave me a call. I couldn't make it Friday evening, so we arranged to meet at the shop the next day.

On Saturday I showed up around 9, and while we're dismantling the assembly, one of the other mechanics shows up with a guy who was scouting the parts out for a buddy. Told him 'sorry' (not really [Linked Image] ), but I was taking the whole deal. Had to drill out 15 screws from the floor, but after 90 minutes or so it was all in my truck, for me to assemble later.

The cost?

A case of Old Style. [Linked Image]

I'd say I did OK in this baragain, even with the $197 for the cable & labor! [Linked Image]

This new setup should last me for a while (at least until I get my service body truck), and hopefully it's more theft resistant than my old cap. (or the trucking tarp I had ratchet strapped over the bed!)

Hope everybody else gets a little good luck this week!

Doug
Posted By: Roger Re: Some good luck, for a change - 01/30/05 10:56 PM
Doug, good for you!!!!. Things do have a way of coming back around. [Linked Image]

Roger
Posted By: Active 1 Re: Some good luck, for a change - 01/30/05 11:07 PM
Glad to hear it Doug. If you need any help fixing something on it don't be afraid to give me a call. But bring Bud or Coors not Old Style.

Tom
© ECN Electrical Forums