ECN Forum
Posted By: Bert66 Load Calculations ? - 01/20/05 07:04 PM
Does anyone have or know of a spreadsheet formula to do load calculations that they are willing to share. Looking to plug in values for 3 phase shop equipment and also single phase items that will be in the office.

Thanks for any help, Bert
Posted By: sparky66wv Re: Load Calculations ? - 01/20/05 08:27 PM
Bert66,

My motor load calc may help...

If not...

I'd be willing to make one custom for you (I'm pretty good at it, I think) but not for free! (sorry, I'm broke again and can't give charity )

If I added HVAC, receptacle and lighting loads to the Motor Load Calc, would that be what you're looking for??

Thanks,
-Virgil

[This message has been edited by sparky66wv (edited 01-20-2005).]
Posted By: Bert66 Re: Load Calculations ? - 01/20/05 10:24 PM
sparky, thanks but since entering this posting I made one up in an Excel Format. It is able to give me the kW in both single and three phase. It totals each seperately and than a total of both. The formula was built with data from an UGLY'S book. Seems to work well for my needs.

But I like your sales pitch about making a custom one for me. If you can make it twisting wire nuts, being creative and selling a load calculation chart sounds fun. I know that in my opinion, sitting at the computer in the A/C beats bending pipe in the heat any day.
Posted By: Speedy Petey Re: Load Calculations ? - 01/22/05 03:21 AM
I know you say you made one but this one is nice. You may like it: http://www.mikeholt.com/documents/calculations/formulas/ResidentialLoadCalculations.xls
Posted By: Bert66 Re: Load Calculations ? - 01/24/05 01:08 PM
Speedy Petey, that one is really cool, thanks alot. I'm still looking for one on the commercial side (3 phase stuff)if you happen upon one shoot it over to me.
But again thanks for the one you posted, it will come in handy.

Bert
© ECN Electrical Forums