ECN Forum
Posted By: GEC-1 ITE type E-QP breakers - 01/12/05 10:04 PM
I have just run into a panel that uses ITE type E-QP breakers. Where do I find the information that states that Siemens type QP, or type Q breakers are the direct replacements for these?
Posted By: Roger Re: ITE type E-QP breakers - 01/12/05 10:29 PM
Seimens bought Gould ITE awhile back (I'm sure you knew that) and can provide you with the information. I would think you could get this off of their web site, however I tried to find something on their site once and found it wasn't very user friendly, but maybe that has changed.

This is the same case as Westinghouse and Cuttler-Hammer.

Roger

[This message has been edited by Roger (edited 01-12-2005).]
Posted By: GEC-1 Re: ITE type E-QP breakers - 01/12/05 10:35 PM
Roger;
I tried thier website, and could find nothing. I called Siemens, and thier people could not give me a straight answer. So I am just looking for someone that might know of a publication that has been put out about the change. My electrical inspector asked me to find it. Thank-you for the help
Posted By: Roger Re: ITE type E-QP breakers - 01/12/05 11:33 PM
GEC, go to the link below, it shows ITE as being a registered trademark of Seimens.

I don't know if it's enough to make the inspector happy but it may help.
http://www.sea.siemens.com/ssi/include/trademark.html

Roger
Posted By: GEC-1 Re: ITE type E-QP breakers - 01/13/05 12:00 PM
Roger;
Thanks for the link. I printed it for the inspector and will follow up later this afternoon. Thank goodness I know all the inspectors in this county, so maybe this will be enough for him. Again thankyou for your help.

Paul
© ECN Electrical Forums