ECN Forum
Posted By: NJ Wireman Dat/Com & Such Forum - 12/09/04 11:16 PM
I read another post today regarding some data & Comm. questions and was looking to see what evryones thoughts were out there regarding a section for such? WE have members going to other site to find out info on such why not just handle it here. I know in my area many EC's are begining to pick up this type of work. Well lets see what everyones thoughts are on this?
Posted By: hbiss Re: Dat/Com & Such Forum - 12/10/04 02:32 AM
Hey, sounds good to me! Telecom and data is basically all we do so I will try to answer any question I can.

-Hal
Posted By: golf junkie Re: Dat/Com & Such Forum - 12/10/04 03:13 AM
All in favor say aye....yep.
Posted By: NJ Wireman Re: Dat/Com & Such Forum - 12/10/04 03:53 AM
This is something that will have to be discussed with site management. Lets just keep our fingers crossed. I would also like to see more then 2 members show interest in this befor i take it any furthur.

NJ Wireman
Posted By: CalSparky Re: Dat/Com & Such Forum - 12/10/04 04:19 AM
I'd be interested in the forum as well.
Posted By: e57 Re: Dat/Com & Such Forum - 12/10/04 08:37 AM
I thought the same thing and posted the question about a month or so ago. Didn't seem to be alot of interest at the time. Poeple thought a Business Forum would be nice, and there is one now.....

Thanks for bringing this up again!
Posted By: John in Jersey Re: Dat/Com & Such Forum - 12/10/04 10:16 PM
I would be interested in a forum for datacome etc. Could we also include speaker wiring, multimedia wiring also?
Posted By: NJ Wireman Re: Dat/Com & Such Forum - 12/10/04 10:53 PM
I would like to see it as a specialized forum to cover data/comm/speaker and other topics such as neon & led lighting. I myself am with a company that does such and have to learn about. I hope this comes together.
Posted By: BigB Re: Dat/Com & Such Forum - 12/10/04 11:18 PM
I am very weak on data wiring and would definatly be interested in such a forum.
Posted By: trekkie76 Re: Dat/Com & Such Forum - 12/10/04 11:51 PM
same here. Can never have too much knowledge
Posted By: arseegee Re: Dat/Com & Such Forum - 12/10/04 11:57 PM
I think there is a need for VDV forum. We do a fair amount of LAN, video and audio work. It's definately an upsale for resi work and a real money maker for commercial jobs.

And maybe we can teach some guys how to terminate phone lines without using two yellow wire nuts!

I'm punched down and ready to test!
Posted By: NJ Wireman Re: Dat/Com & Such Forum - 12/11/04 12:23 AM
Maybe we can discuss this topic this evening in the open chat?
Posted By: kinetic Re: Dat/Com & Such Forum - 12/11/04 02:46 AM
I haven't seen yellow wire nuts on phone lines yet.....couldn't stop laughing after the visual popped into my head. I see coax TV crimped with pliers or something worse all the time. Wish people would learn to use a crimper. I would love to see a low voltage forum. Would be an easy upsell once I knew more about all of it.
Posted By: Scott35 Re: Dat/Com & Such Forum - 12/11/04 06:23 AM
Count my vote in, too! [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

It would be a great additional source area for the Forum.
Only problem is - where to put it at!
The site's Main Page is gettin' kinda filled up, and when viewed at like 800 x 600 (or... 640 x 480), the viewing person will not even see the last 3 areas (the 2 I Moderate plus the Computers area).

My res. is 1024 x 768, and only see part of the text for the Theory & Apps area (the upper half), when logged on to the Main Forums Page.

Still, I would love to have a Tel/Comm/Controls/CATV/CCTV/Security/Fire Alarms area for Low Voltage Signal Circuit discussions here!!!
Moderatorship could be a shared venture in that area - like is done in the NEC area.
I'll toss my hat into the ring for Aux. Moderator [Linked Image]

Scott35
Posted By: Scott35 Re: Dat/Com & Such Forum - 12/11/04 06:27 AM
Forgot to add something to my last post (per the Low Voltage installs).

I'm currently involved doing HVAC Controls, which cover a vast area!
This stuff would be a great discussion in its self!

Scott35
Posted By: Steve McKinney Re: Dat/Com & Such Forum - 12/12/04 01:10 PM
Count me in! Everything I've been reading...........convergence is the key. So many technologies coming together, the more we know, the more we grow. And none of us is as smart as all of us.

Steve
Posted By: e57 Re: Dat/Com & Such Forum - 12/12/04 05:39 PM
Yellow wire nuts...... I have seen many in place of a 66 block. It's really funny, right up to the point when customer wants you to fix it, or worse, add something to it.
Posted By: NJ Wireman Re: Dat/Com & Such Forum - 12/12/04 05:56 PM
Please see;
https://www.electrical-contractor.net/ubb/Forum1/HTML/005184.html
© ECN Electrical Forums