ECN Forum
Posted By: Nevin Safety Seminars - 09/28/01 01:26 AM
A local Distributor is having a day of safety seminars with about 7 different safety related topics each presented by a different manufacturer such as Ideal, Klein, etc. Is anyone familiar with these types of seminars? Are they worth attending or is it just a bunch of high pressure salespeople trying to convince you to buy the latest and greatest dodads or gizmos?
Posted By: Redsy Re: Safety Seminars - 09/28/01 10:47 AM
In my experience, this sort of thing is worth attending. I don't usually see high-pressure-type salesmanship from most manufacturers reps. Most of all, you may become aware of certain aspects of electrical safety that many people don't consider (acr-flash, arc-blast, blast pressures, flash zones, and of course, electrical shock) and the PPE available to minimize exposure to the hazards.
Posted By: electure Re: Safety Seminars - 09/28/01 11:42 AM
Go There!!
If anything safety wise is to be gained by attending, then it's worth your time.
We have quarterly safety seminars given by a company that charges us $200 for a one hour session. If you can get it for free, all the better!
(of course, as usual, I am also thinking about the all-so-important free refreshments as well)
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: Safety Seminars - 09/28/01 11:50 AM
Nevin,

If any of them look any good see if they have any materials or information that We could post here for everyone to see.

Bill
© ECN Electrical Forums