ECN Forum
Posted By: slumlordworker tool belt - 11/18/04 08:02 PM
when you go on a service call what tools to you take in with you
Posted By: NJ Wireman Re: tool belt - 11/18/04 08:13 PM
Pair of dikes, linesmen, phillps, flat, stripper and thats all in a small little tool belt i got. then i carry a digital meter in my pocket. as well as a tiny maglight.
Posted By: A-Line Re: tool belt - 11/18/04 08:28 PM
For service calls I use a soft sided brief case type toolbag. All tools store in pockets inside the bag and are well organized. It has seperate pockets for papers & forms, cell phone, pencil holders and room to keep a meter. I also bring a clean door mat to set my tools on instead of the clients floor or counters. Works well for me. I also use the sunblocking window inserts used in vehicles to protect the dash. They fold up for storage and are great for working over sinks. I lay them over the sink so if I drop something it lands on it instead of dropping down the drain. Also don't forget your shoe covers.
You want to show your upmost respect for your clients property. They will appreciate it.

[This message has been edited by A-Line (edited 11-18-2004).]
Posted By: Electricmanscott Re: tool belt - 11/18/04 11:39 PM
Bag o tools. Has all hand tools, testers I need. If I only grab a few it is guaranteed there will be something else I need.
Posted By: twh Re: tool belt - 11/18/04 11:55 PM
About 25 pounds. I use the same bag for residential, commercial and industrial, service and construction. I don't have the patience to add and remove tools for every job.
Posted By: electricman2 Re: tool belt - 11/19/04 12:47 AM
What I carry in depends on the nature of the call. Most times its flashlight, receptacle tester, flat and philips screwdrivers. Nine times out of ten wind up back to the truck for something.
Posted By: e57 Re: tool belt - 11/19/04 12:52 AM
A Clipboard with a contract, then check the job, and grab tools on the way back in.
Posted By: slumlordworker Re: tool belt - 11/19/04 07:10 PM
I carry a small maglite fluke volt check klein 5in1 and a small pair of channellocks on my hip in a nice pouch. plus a contract to be signed. before I touch anything any thing else is a trip to the van

main bag klein 28 piece electrican set plus two meters one clamp and one regular plus a trusty wiggy and recp tester and to be safe the current copy of the NEc
© ECN Electrical Forums