ECN Forum
Posted By: Trumpy I'm Moving On - 11/09/04 07:56 AM
For reasons I'm not going to go into,
I'm leaving ECN for a while.
Bill knows the reasons, but don't tax him about it.
I thank the whole lot of you for the good times that I have had here, over the years that I've been here.
And I won't say that I won't be back, but at this stage, I need to sort myself out.
As hard as this is to say, see ya all later!
You guys rule!!!!!. [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: iwire Re: I'm Moving On - 11/09/04 08:31 AM
Mike I hope everything is OK.

This is sad news and we will miss the view from the other side of the planet.

I wish you all the best and hope to see you posting again at some later date.

Bob
Posted By: George Corron Re: I'm Moving On - 11/09/04 11:13 AM
Ditto Mike,
I'll sure miss taking a 'swipe' at the Kiwi. [Linked Image]

Hope and pray all is well with you, bro., or soon will be.

Good luck and God bless.
Posted By: electure Re: I'm Moving On - 11/09/04 11:38 AM
Mike,
I'll be missing you, that's for sure.
Your "chair" here at ECN will always be reserved for your return.

You're a one of a kind guy, and a real friend.

God Bless You, and best wishes, no matter what path you take. You make this world a better place to be. Thanks for the good times
...Scott
Posted By: Trumpy Re: I'm Moving On - 11/09/04 01:52 PM
Just as a small note.
I've let Bill and the Moderators of ECNet know why I've decided to leave for the interim.
But, I enjoy ECNet too much to just lie down and say that's it.
[Governer of CA]I'll be back[/Governer of CA]
Posted By: Ryan_J Re: I'm Moving On - 11/09/04 02:14 PM
Mike: Good luck, I'm sure everything will turn out to be alright. We all will miss your unique style and points of view, but since I have your E-mail address, I'll hold you to your promise of coming back. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Roger Re: I'm Moving On - 11/09/04 05:25 PM
Mike, I will miss you too, but I look forward to your return.

In the mean time I wish you the best.

Find some time to go after some crayfish. [Linked Image]

Roger
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: I'm Moving On - 11/09/04 05:49 PM
Mike,

I look forward to your speedy return.
Until that time you will be missed.

sincerely,
Bill
Posted By: DougW Re: I'm Moving On - 11/09/04 08:19 PM
Stay safe, brother. Hope to hear from you again soon.
Posted By: Dave55 Re: I'm Moving On - 11/09/04 10:19 PM
Take good care of yourself, Mike. I've really enjoyed our conversations and wish you all the best.

Dave
Posted By: Active 1 Re: I'm Moving On - 11/09/04 10:25 PM
Take Care
Posted By: BuggabooBren Re: I'm Moving On - 11/09/04 10:42 PM
Best regards from my corner also! Hope your journey passes this way again soon!
Posted By: LK Re: I'm Moving On - 11/09/04 10:51 PM
Hope to see you back soon.
Posted By: Bjarney Re: I'm Moving On - 11/10/04 12:17 AM
Mike, if you should ever need it, I'll be happy to lend you my Modiewark tester. ;-)

Best to you,

—scott
Posted By: adamb Re: I'm Moving On - 11/10/04 12:38 AM
Mike, I hope you can get things sorted out and be back soon. Some of us just learning the trade use your experience to learn by. Adam
Posted By: Attic Rat Re: I'm Moving On - 11/10/04 12:45 AM
... Mike, it's been a fantastic pleasure sharing time with you on this Forum,and tho' I haven't known you very long,I feel I know you enough.I will surely miss you,and I sincerly hope all is well with you,and your life.I am deeply saddened by this,as I consider you a friend.Be Careful,be Safe,and don't forget about your friends here at ECN.You never need an invitation,and if you'd like,send me an e-mail,..it'd be a pleasure hearing from you. Godspeed,Buddy,..ALL THE BEST!!!
Your friend,
Russ [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: SvenNYC Re: I'm Moving On - 11/10/04 02:49 AM
Mike, I hope everything gets worked out and you're back with us pronto. I enjoyed seeing your posts.

Besides, you owe me a bunch of OLD Aussie plugs....so get your rear end back here soon! [Linked Image] [Linked Image] <giggles>
Posted By: pauluk Re: I'm Moving On - 11/10/04 01:23 PM
All the best for now Mike. Hope you get everything sorted out and will return quickly.
Posted By: Joe Tedesco Re: I'm Moving On - 11/10/04 04:20 PM
Mike:

Who will be on line when I get up at 3 am to read the board messages and ask for HV help?

You can stop by once in a while and check in, but please take care and come back soon hopefully for the New Year?
Posted By: CharlieE Re: I'm Moving On - 11/11/04 08:42 PM
Mike, I didn't get to know you as well as the others have but I wish you the best. Take care of yourself. [Linked Image]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Charlie Eldridge, Indianapolis, Utility Power Guy
Posted By: Trumpy Re: I'm Moving On - 11/14/04 10:09 AM
Guys even though I have a problem, I think to run away and put myself up on a shelf in the mean-time would be rather short-sighted.
To level with you guys, I have a problem with Alcohol.
Now at 32 years of age, there are a few older than me here and a few younger than me at ECN.
Please guys, don't get stuck in the same rut as me.
Also, I take my hat off to Scott (Electure) for pulling me out of this nasty cycle.
Good on ya mate!. [Linked Image]
Posted By: electure Re: I'm Moving On - 11/14/04 01:23 PM
Keep your hat on [Linked Image] You'll see why.
I don't deserve credit. I don't wield that kind of power. I merely offered a solution that works for me [Linked Image] The rest is in your very capable hands.
God bless you, Mike. You're quite a man

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 11-14-2004).]
Posted By: SteveMc Re: I'm Moving On - 11/14/04 02:15 PM
Admitting that you have a problem is the first step on the road to recovery. You've taken that step very boldly. Now that your ready for the next step, keep posting here and let your friends help you. From the above posts it's obvious that you have a lot of friends ready and willing to help. May I also add my best wishes for your continued success. As the son of a recovering alcoholic I know this can be beaten.
Posted By: Electricmanscott Re: I'm Moving On - 11/14/04 03:20 PM
Good luck Mike. [Linked Image]
Posted By: BuggabooBren Re: I'm Moving On - 11/14/04 04:52 PM
Ditto from here, Mike. I know, too, that this can be changed as my brother-in-law got help and pulled himself out of the mire of the alcoholism pit and raised two young daughters essentially by himself. He and his girls are all success stories - you can be one also.

If you're the 'reading type', I would recommend a book - "Beyond the Influence" (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...=2-1/ref=pd_ka_b_2_1/102-6050704-6260111) if you need a reference for what's happened and how to get past it.
Posted By: Sir Arcsalot Re: I'm Moving On - 11/14/04 07:33 PM
Mike, I wish you the best also and will keep you in my prayers. Having been there myself, it is a significant challenge but one that can certainly be overcome. One day at a time.

Alex
Posted By: Electric Eagle Re: I'm Moving On - 11/14/04 07:59 PM
Trumpy,
I'm glad you decided to stick around here because your contributions are needed. I think we all bring a little something to the board, if only a diferent perspective. You have the perspective of knowing the American system as well as systems on the other side of the world and that's a lot more than I can add.

[This message has been edited by Electric Eagle (edited 11-14-2004).]
Posted By: Dave55 Re: I'm Moving On - 11/14/04 08:25 PM
I know you're going through a tough time now, and it's going to take time to heal in more ways than one. A brighter day is on the way and you'll get there with a little help from your friends.

Dave
Posted By: SvenNYC Re: I'm Moving On - 11/15/04 01:54 AM
Mike, we all go through rough patches.

You went through that problem with your heart last time and you pulled through.

You will also pull through this. I'm glad to see you back.

Be strong.
Posted By: Scotts Re: I'm Moving On - 11/15/04 04:35 AM
Trumpy, Not sure if you remember me, it has been a long time since I posted, But I read this forum for the first time in a long time. However as someone who is on day 107 himself please e-mail anytime you want to talk or to just help get through some cravings. skschneiderNOSPAM@adelphia.net Take out the NOSPAM part.
Scott
Posted By: Attic Rat Re: I'm Moving On - 11/15/04 04:30 PM
... Hi,Mike,
I just want to let you know that, as previously said by many people here,you made the First big step,and in doing so,will bring you closer to freedom!!.We ALL have our own "demons" that we need to confront,(mine are cigarettes)..Don't feel isolated in this.You have my Prayers,and my confidence that you WILL overcome this obstacle.As you can see,Mike, we ALL care about you a whole lot,and we're always here to help out,Buddy.God Bless you,and keep you strong during this crisis.Hope to hear from you soon!! [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Your Friend,
Russ

[This message has been edited by Attic Rat (edited 11-15-2004).]
Posted By: circuit man Re: I'm Moving On - 11/15/04 09:31 PM
hi mike haven't said much lately. but this got me thinking. we all have tough times to face , youv'e already faced one tough one with your heart. this one will be an easy one here. as you have a bunch of great friends here that understand what's going on.you made it through on hurdle with your heart & you will make it through this one too!put your trust in GOD & a great bunch of guys & gals here,then there will be brighter roads ahead!ERWIN :-)

[This message has been edited by circuit man (edited 11-16-2004).]
Posted By: Wirenuttt Re: I'm Moving On - 11/19/04 02:26 AM
Hey Trumpy, haven't chatted with you all that much and I'm not here all that much but I do remember you always being here. All hope and God Bless.

~Andy
Posted By: KennyFrank Re: I'm Moving On - 11/20/04 12:52 AM
Trumpy,
My thoughts and prayers are with you. I've only been a member here for a few months, but it looks to me like you have it within you to beat the demon...pull from within yourself the same determination that you had for making sure an apprentice was kept safe, the same determination that you have for quality work, the same guts that it took for you to stand on your principles and face off your idjit former boss. God bless you, mate, and your family.
© ECN Electrical Forums