ECN Forum
Posted By: sparky66wv Idea... Pipe Carrier Dress-Up - 09/15/01 08:17 PM
Most of you probably carry conduit in a 4" or 6" PVC pipe strapped to your truck.

Once while thinking about the lack of aerodynamics a plug cap has, I thought about putting a bullet-nose on the front. Might save me a 1/4 mpg! Then I figure, why stop there? May as well make it an attention grabber... Here's a mock-up...

[Linked Image from kellyelectric.electrical-contractor.net]

Whaddya think?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: sparky Re: Idea... Pipe Carrier Dress-Up - 09/15/01 09:34 PM
uh..sound but no picture ... [Linked Image]
Posted By: sparky66wv Re: Idea... Pipe Carrier Dress-Up - 09/15/01 09:48 PM
I've been having that problem, now it's spreading...

click here...
http://www.kellyelectric.electrical-contractor.net/photos/AIM.jpg

It'll cache and then probably load on the forum page...

Don't ask me why... [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by sparky66wv (edited 09-15-2001).]
Posted By: sparky66wv Re: Idea... Pipe Carrier Dress-Up - 09/15/01 09:51 PM
Well crap.. that ain't workin' either...

I get a "forbidden" error message from ECN...

Hmmmmm...

Right click on the link here: http://www.kellyelectric.electrical-contractor.net/photos/AIM.jpg

Click on "Copy Shortcut"

Right Click onto the address bar, click "Paste", hit "enter"...

Let it load, then hit "Back" on your browser...

Maybe?

[This message has been edited by sparky66wv (edited 09-15-2001).]
Posted By: NJwirenut Re: Idea... Pipe Carrier Dress-Up - 09/16/01 03:41 AM
Looks neat, but in the current paranoid climate, you just might have your truck taken out by an FBI SWAT team! [Linked Image]
Posted By: electure Re: Idea... Pipe Carrier Dress-Up - 09/16/01 05:20 AM
In the town I used to live in, we made our own "Cruise Missile", & mounted it to the top of my truck. A 5" PVC body, the nose was the float from a stock tank waterer. The wings were made from an old aluminum "Flooded" sign.
Got stopped by the CA Highway Patrol. He really didn't know what to do, as we were doing nothing illegal. Let us go, with a warning to "Stop being so wierd!!"
Posted By: Redsy Re: Idea... Pipe Carrier Dress-Up - 09/16/01 01:23 PM
Looks great!
One suggestion-
Replace "We aim for safety" with OSAMA.
We all should have on with his name on it!

[This message has been edited by Redsy (edited 09-16-2001).]
Posted By: pauluk Re: Idea... Pipe Carrier Dress-Up - 09/16/01 10:46 PM
Originally posted by electure:

Got stopped by the CA Highway Patrol. He really didn't know what to do, as we were doing nothing illegal. Let us go, with a warning to "Stop being so wierd!!"

No offense intended, but I've always been led to believe that half of southern Calif. is wierd!
Posted By: electure Re: Idea... Pipe Carrier Dress-Up - 09/17/01 11:43 PM
Paul, no offense taken. Just don't hold it against the others. My friends and I were pretty well known to be the wierdest of the wierd, doing nearly anything for a laugh. [Linked Image]
Posted By: sparky66wv Re: Idea... Pipe Carrier Dress-Up - 09/18/01 03:02 AM
Wierd? Weird!...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Idea... Pipe Carrier Dress-Up - 09/18/01 09:49 PM
Right click on this photo link

Click on "Copy Location".

Left click on http://www.kellyelectric.electrical-contractor.net/ .

Let it load, then right click onto the address bar, click "Paste", hit "enter"...

Let it load, then hit "Back" twice on your browser.

(For those who are wondering, you are fooling ECN's server about the referrer page.)
Posted By: sparky66wv Re: Idea... Pipe Carrier Dress-Up - 09/18/01 11:55 PM
That sort of works, except there's a target="blank" tag which opens a new window...

Revise Dspark's last step to be:

Close new window, refresh Window with the Forum in it...

Or something to that effect...

Boy this is complicated!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: sparky66wv Re: Idea... Pipe Carrier Dress-Up - 09/18/01 11:57 PM
Hmmm... Nope.. that doesn't work either...

Only the way I sugested works for me, but then again... I guess all puters are different...
Posted By: pauluk Re: Idea... Pipe Carrier Dress-Up - 09/19/01 12:01 AM
Originally posted by sparky66wv:
Wierd? Weird!...
laugh

Darn it... There goes my A grade for spelling!

I can only blame seeing it spelled the wrong way immediately before typing it myself. Plus the fact that according to the timestamp (6:46 PM ET) it was getting on for midnight here so I must have been tired.

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!
Posted By: pauluk Re: Idea... Pipe Carrier Dress-Up - 09/19/01 12:05 AM
Originally posted by electure:
Paul, no offense taken. Just don't hold it against the others. My friends and I were pretty well known to be the wierdest of the wierd, doing nearly anything for a laugh. [Linked Image]

I've heard all the jokes about Californians, but I've never been that far west so I couldn't comment.... (Phew! Got outta that one....)

I reckon everywhere has its share of weird people. You know they say half the English are quite mad.
Posted By: electure Re: Idea... Pipe Carrier Dress-Up - 09/19/01 03:14 AM
I didn't used to be able to spell weird, and now I are one. Oops! (better enable spellcheck) I'm ashamed of myself (what happened to i before e, except after c)

I've found that by left clicking on DSpark's "this photo link", the Sparrow image comes right up. Not as scientific, but infinitely easier. Took another tour around Virgil's site anyway. It's sure a good one!

How about a station wagon with a tank turret or a mobile home with the interior totally remodelled as a submarine, complete with periscope, torpedo tubes, and a massive array of knobs, lights, oscilloscopes, & gauges? (only outside giveaway was the nose down, half buried dummy bomb in his driveway)
What's so weird about that? [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 09-18-2001).]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Idea... Pipe Carrier Dress-Up - 09/19/01 04:11 AM
>(what happened to i before e, except after c)

Should be except after c and w (except for wield and wiener (FPN: weiner is passable)).

English pronunciation rules have many exceptions and this rule is no exception! When <ei> has a long "a" sound such as in eight, neigh, etc.

Actually they aren't rules. They are based on body counts.
© ECN Electrical Forums