ECN Forum
Posted By: Mike Terrorists - 09/11/01 03:34 PM
Terrible news this morning about New York and D.C! My thoughts and prayers are with the victims of the senseless terrorists acts. We need to find out who's responsible and serve them with some type of justifiable punishment they so richly deserve!
Posted By: pauluk Re: Terrorists - 09/11/01 05:54 PM
My thoughts with all those people as well. I've just been watching the reports on our 6 p.m. news after a neighbor asked if I'd seen what's been going on.

Until recent years, it always seemed that whatever internal problems the U.S.A. might have, you had at least escaped the effects of terrorism there. After the first attack on the World Trade Center and the Oklahoma bombing, now this, it's just such a shock to see this sort of terrorism with America itself.

I don't know what else to say.
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: Terrorists - 09/11/01 06:38 PM
It just seems unbelievable that any person, or group of people can justify an action like this.

Bill
Posted By: mickky Re: Terrorists - 09/11/01 06:39 PM
Your friends north of the 49th are thinking of you all.

Mike Taylor
Posted By: Matt M Re: Terrorists - 09/11/01 08:36 PM
It just irks me how the media is so quick to broadcast assumptions. They shove microphones and cameras in the faces of officials, demanding answers that would be impossible for them to know at this early time. What a bunch of vultures! They go a long way to just add to the mass confusion.

Its a sad day for America and the world. May God be with us all.

Matt
Posted By: sparky Re: Terrorists - 09/11/01 11:51 PM
We are witness to Pearl Harbor 2 here. Except this is more than military men, this is women & children. I am sick to think that human could do this to another. Over 200 firefighters & ems are dead that responded. I , as well as many others have put our names ( and #'s) into the state dept. i'll go and do anything at this point,however meanial, fold laudry, make sandwiches. i understand they are asking for a 5 day rotation. if my customers don't understand F--- em'
Posted By: sparky Re: Terrorists - 09/12/01 12:09 AM
I'd like to hear from some posters in those locations.
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: Terrorists - 09/12/01 12:36 AM
Almost everyone where I am (Long Island) knows someone that works in NY City. I went out this morning and really didn't know the extent of what had happened, but could tell that something was different. Shopping centers that were usually crowded were almost empty. Most people I saw were very quiet and I could tell that they knew someone in there too. It will be awhile before the full impact of what happened today sets in.

Bill
Posted By: Nevin Re: Terrorists - 09/12/01 12:46 AM
What we do or what will happen next is a question. But what we do Know is that in the very end God will have the final say. How could it be anything but undescribable everlasting torment and agony in hell fire for the ones guilty of committing such acts?
Posted By: electure Re: Terrorists - 09/12/01 01:55 AM
I would like our shot at them before God gets them.
Our thoughts and prayers are with all the unfortunate involved.
GIVE BLOOD They need blood. I don't know if they'll get it all this distance away, but most of our shop is donating in the morning.
Every little bit might help..Scott W
Posted By: Scott35 Re: Terrorists - 09/12/01 02:12 AM
Steve [Sparky],
This must touch home a lot for you - the EMS parts in your message got me teared up. Go for it!!! Help them out as much as possible. They need a lot of help.
I'm proud to know there's people like you in this forum!
Your customers will understand the absence.

Bill,
The first person I thought of when I found out about this terrible news was you.
I am sure you know some people that might have been in the towers at the time, either office workers, or construction persons doing T.I.'s.

Mickky,
Thanks for the words!!!

Scott [electure],
That's great for your shop and you to donate blood. They really need it.

To the rest of the members in this thread,
Thanks for all your words and thoughts.

I really feel for the families and friends of all the victims - in the towers, in the planes, on the ground - all watching in horror as this took place.

My prayers go out to every one affected by this event.

I can't go on typing; the news keeps showing the plane crashing into the 2nd tower and the words in this thread are getting me teared up.

Scott
Posted By: sparky66wv Re: Terrorists - 09/12/01 03:28 AM
Man, this is so terrible...

My prayers go out to all the victims and their families and friends...

I don't know what else to say...
Posted By: Nevin Re: Terrorists - 09/12/01 09:05 AM
Despite the tragic event of yesterday and the adverse reactions we have all
experienced, and what little we can each do to help (donating blood if
possible or some other way you can think of), we should all keep our
attention on creating our daily lives for ourselves and those around us.
Turn off the TV, do NOT continue to watch those pictures on TV over and
over.
Just get the updates on the radio news if possible. A big part of
Terrorism
is to shake one's foundation and to oppress people with these acts by making
them afraid. With terror, fear and grief comes inactivity. This is
unacceptable. We, our loved ones, friends and associates should not accept
this aberrated/insane philosophy or go into agreement with it. We should
continue to flourish and prosper in the areas that we work so hard to
create.
The fruits of our hard work which affect our daily lives, our loved ones'
lives, our communities and beyond are worth protecting and we can do that by
continuing to produce, and not be adversely affected into non-production.
Posted By: sparky Re: Terrorists - 09/12/01 11:26 AM
Good words from you all here.

I've never seen this kind of shock and anger.

Even little ol' ladies are saying things i'd never expect of them.
Boston flat out shut down yesterday, some story about a few terrorists that got away there??
A team of local firefighters were headed from here last night, to provide some relief. The VT dept of EMS is taking names & numbers, we're all sittin' on the scrimage line , bags packed. ( I want to just start driving, but i have to do as the system dictates)
Any military freinds i know are telling me how they prepare, or how the're sons and daughters are preparing.

This is scary!
[Linked Image]

This has really hit home for us....
http://www.emsvillage.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=8&threadid=783

[This message has been edited by sparky (edited 09-12-2001).]
Posted By: WARREN1 Re: Terrorists - 09/12/01 11:53 AM
Yes, I agree with all here on this forum. This is a sad day in America, however, we have risen above this sort of thing in the past and we shall do it again. Our prayers are for this country and all those who lost loved ones by a cowardly act. What is really sad are people who have taken advantage of the situation for personal gain. Those in the midwest who charged $5 for a gallon on gasoline should be dealt with extreme severity. Again, another cowardly act on innocent people.
Due to the ungodly acts of yesterday, we are now in a different America. Not only will it become more difficult to board an airplane or other public transportation vehicle, but it may get more difficult to enjoy ourselves at places of recreation, and so on it goes. But we will survive this tragedy, and just as the world wars of the last century made us stronger, so will this dastardly act.
Thanks to all in forum for listening.
Posted By: pauluk Re: Terrorists - 09/12/01 12:31 PM
You have friends over here praying for America.

I just saw the BBC news of the crowd gathered in almost silence outside the U.S. Embassy in London.

One British World War II veteran arrived with flowers, dressed in full military uniform. Talking to a reporter he said, "Because America helped save us during the war. They are our friends." That really got to me.....

One of the nice things about traveling by air in the U.S. is the relaxed atmosphere without the all the horrendous security checks that we've had over here for years. It's a sad day for the everyone that this will now inevitably be gone forever.

One thing I do know, however, is that the sort of cowards who harm innocent people in this way will never break the American determinaton to get through and survive any adversity.

My travels and the time spent in your country showed me that the American pioneer spirit is still strong today. That is one of things that I love about America.

No terrorist or act of war will take that spirit and determination away from you.
Posted By: dtl66 Re: Terrorists - 09/12/01 02:35 PM
God be with all the victims and their families. May he also be with all AMERICANS as we support those in need. Just don't let these fanatics accomplish the rest of their mission and cripple our country out of fear. God Bless America
Posted By: bordew Re: Terrorists - 09/12/01 10:02 PM
Originally posted by pauluk:
You have friends over here praying for America.

I just saw the BBC news of the crowd gathered in almost silence outside the U.S. Embassy in London.

One British World War II veteran arrived with flowers, dressed in full military uniform. Talking to a reporter he said, "Because America helped save us during the war. They are our friends." That really got to me.....

One of the nice things about traveling by air in the U.S. is the relaxed atmosphere without the all the horrendous security checks that we've had over here for years. It's a sad day for the everyone that this will now inevitably be gone forever.

One thing I do know, however, is that the sort of cowards who harm innocent people in this way will never break the American determinaton to get through and survive any adversity.

My travels and the time spent in your country showed me that the American pioneer spirit is still strong today. That is one of things that I love about America.

No terrorist or act of war will take that spirit and determination away from you.

The most prophetic statement to come from the attack on Pearl Harbor, was said by the enemy, and I am sure everyone has heard it, but sometimes it helps repeating, " I fear for all we have done is to awakened a sleeping giant, and fill him with a terrible resolve". This said, we will come back from this just we did when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, and this nation will come back together and stronger than ever, they just never learn, 'you just dont piss-off the gaint. God Bless America.
Posted By: electure Re: Terrorists - 09/12/01 10:41 PM
So great is the strength and resolve of the people that we cannot be brought down. The common thought today everywhere I went was to keep working...harder than ever.
Everything will change, but life is change and we will adapt.
We have a job going at an American Red Cross facility, the lines were so long when we got there at 6 AM that we haven't been able to donate blood yet. The lines continued throughout the day, with people waiting about 4 hours for their chance to do what they could. The best we can do is to hurry & try to finish to make more room.

Nevin's right, keep going and kick ass.
Posted By: sparky Re: Terrorists - 09/13/01 09:59 AM
http://www.defrance.org/nyeagle.htm
Posted By: Nick Re: Terrorists - 09/14/01 02:41 AM
I just can't get over all this. I'm 3000 miles away and helpless. I wish I could do more.
A co-worker just quit today. He is getting in his truck with his girlfriend and driving to New York to go to work in local 3. He wants to go help any way he can. I really admire him for this. I would like to do something like that but it just isn't in the budget for me. Maybe some other way. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: Terrorists - 09/14/01 04:24 AM
Some great sentiments here!
I especially like the comparison to the "Sleeping Giant" I hope that these recent events give us the resolve to take care of some business that is long overdue.

Bill
Posted By: silverbk Re: Terrorists - 09/14/01 05:48 AM
I would like to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I am a NYC firefighter, and a licensed electrician on the side. I am assigned to Ladder 15 in Manhattan, we were assigned on the first due ticket to WTC. I was home when it happened otherwise I wouldn't be around to post. We lost 13 men from my station alone, and I personally knew many others on the missing list.

The FDNY has us on port and starboard 24 hour shifts, even being on the scene and working I still feel helpless against the mound of rubble were looking at.

The propensity of this still has not me yet, I feel like I am in a daze. I don't think there's much that can assuage the anguish that were all feeling here.

Again I thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

Phil
Posted By: sparky Re: Terrorists - 09/14/01 11:00 AM
Phil,
i'm glad your still with us. it amazes me that you guys are still givin' it all you got despite your loss. The pix of the firemen who raised the flag really says it all. Be careful out there ! Needless to say, the CISD people will be out straight afterwards.
Posted By: resqcapt19 Re: Terrorists - 09/14/01 08:05 PM
Phil,
I can't even begin to think how you guys out there must be feeling. It is difficult even now for your fellow firefighters across the world to look at the pictures and read the stories without having tears in our eyes. Our thoughts an prayers are with you, your department, and of course with the families of those who lost loved ones. Rest assured that if you need any help, there are many thousands of firefighters from all over this country and across the world that are ready to come to your aid. God Bless you all.
Don(resqcapt19)
Posted By: sparky Re: Terrorists - 09/14/01 09:35 PM
http://www.daytrading-university.com/shootosama.htm

maybe i'm all bark at my age, but i still gotta mean mouse finger !
Posted By: sparky66wv Re: Terrorists - 09/15/01 02:13 AM
I love it! Lock n Load!

Hey I'm gettin' a pretty tight group too!

[Linked Image]

Are you guys (and gals) familiar with http://www.fark.com ?

It's where I usually get my bizzare links, but there's lots of 9-11 stuff there too...

Ready... Aim...
Posted By: electure Re: Terrorists - 09/15/01 02:30 AM
Phil,
May God be with you and all the others.
Please be careful.
IF THERE'S ANYTHING WE CAN DO, PLEASE LET US KNOW. We're feeling like useless Americans out here. Waving flags, lighting candles, giving blood that probably has no use. I can't begin to fathom the pain that you must feel.

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 09-15-2001).]
Posted By: sparky Re: Terrorists - 09/25/01 08:42 PM
An interview with a twisted mind;
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/binladen/who/interview.html

[Linked Image]
Posted By: electure Re: Terrorists - 09/28/01 12:12 PM
Even their more liberal press is not really much. www.radioafghanistan.com/games/funandgames.htm
Sadly, these folks would most likely be taken to the Friday "coliseum" by the Taliban for the mere mention of fun.
Posted By: Tom Post Re: Terrorists - 10/01/01 01:20 PM
I CAN believe the strength and power that rises from within an American when such acts happen from such cowards. Osama bin bastard boy will regret the hand of the giant.
God Bless all who are digging - tearing fingers to the bone - making us all proud showing that this is a country made of great heros.
Posted By: pauluk Re: Terrorists - 10/04/01 11:04 PM
I heard a report today that the EU (European Union) leaders have made it known to member countries that if/when any terrorists involved with the Sep. 11 attack are located in Europe, they do not want them to be extradited to the U.S. for trial unless the American authorities give an assurance that the death penalty will not be sought.

Was it really these same people who were voicing their full support for the U.S. a couple of weeks ago and saying they would do anything to help bring the terrorists to justice?

Link: http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/whatsnew.html
Posted By: sparky Re: Terrorists - 10/04/01 11:17 PM
http://www.msnbc.com/news/630181.asp?pne=msn

meanwhile we will be feeding thier fleeing families....scroll down to the map, the rats are jumpin' ship mighty quick!
Posted By: sparky Re: Terrorists - 10/14/01 04:18 PM
http://rutlandherald.nybor.com/News/Story/35652.html

$#%&^*!!!!
sorry, i can help myself... [Linked Image]
Posted By: pauluk Re: Terrorists - 10/14/01 10:43 PM
Sparky:

There have been several similar incidents reported on the TV news over here. It's probably aided by the fact that in Britain most mail is sent without a return address on the envelope, so people are getting really cautious.
Posted By: sparky Re: Terrorists - 10/14/01 10:52 PM
yes Paul,
....well it's actually got us rather wound up. I'm getting the impression there are quite the number of farm boys here who'd jump out of a perfectly good plane with only a pitchfork if the Taliban were below...

[This message has been edited by sparky (edited 10-14-2001).]
© ECN Electrical Forums