ECN Forum
Posted By: Electricmanscott Showroom light fixture selection - 10/07/04 10:21 PM
I am looking to light a display of Corian counter top samples. The display is basically a wall area form floor to ceiling about eight feet wide.I am thinking some kind of 1X2 fluorescent biax type of fixture. Any good ideas appreciated.
Posted By: NJ Wireman Re: Showroom light fixture selection - 10/07/04 11:25 PM
How will they be mounted to the wall, Will it be as if they were a counter top if so you could do under cabinet lighting attached under each counter? Just a thought if not how about some kind of tech track lighting. Best of luck
Posted By: e57 Re: Showroom light fixture selection - 10/07/04 11:54 PM
I do a lot of showroom work.... And the idea is to hit it from as many angles as possible, 3 or more covering the area. So as to reduce shadow. Track with LV MR-16 heads do this well, the light is white enough. Fixture type can be anything, but would avoid HID Metal Halide. (It sun burns many things...) Truthfully, I would avoid flouresant as well, unless Chroma 50 or equal color corrected. And, if this is a cabinet display as well, some under cabs should also be used in addition to any over-head flooding of the display. Also avoid flouresent. These people are trying to sell the stuff, not save energy.

[This message has been edited by e57 (edited 10-07-2004).]
Posted By: Dave55 Re: Showroom light fixture selection - 10/08/04 01:30 AM
Another thought might be recessed cans with eyeball trims. Talk to someone at Sylvania about the color of the bulb. I'd stay away from the harsh whites like fluorescent or halogen.

Dave
© ECN Electrical Forums