ECN Forum
Posted By: NJ Wireman How often do you visit? - 09/24/04 07:06 PM
I thought it would be interesting to see how often a week people view the site and how often they post?

I myself tend to check the site daily
Posted By: Fred Re: How often do you visit? - 09/24/04 07:12 PM
I check the site daily but only post when I'm in the mood or especially compelled by what I'm reading. Usually what I have to say has already been covered by someone else.
Posted By: Ryan_J Re: How often do you visit? - 09/24/04 07:59 PM
I check about 3-4 times a day. Once when I get to work, at lunch, when I get back to the office, and at home depending on what I'm doing.
Posted By: iwire Re: How often do you visit? - 09/24/04 08:04 PM
I check in quite often.

If I spot a PC that is connected to the net at the job I will check in then too. [Linked Image]

Bob
Posted By: Steve McKinney Re: How often do you visit? - 09/24/04 08:54 PM
3 or 4 times a day. I'm hooked. Post when I have something I feel I can contribute.
Posted By: GA76JW Re: How often do you visit? - 09/24/04 09:08 PM
I love this site! I check in everyday.

Unfortunately, I rarely ever have anything to contribute though.
Posted By: sparkync Re: How often do you visit? - 09/24/04 09:19 PM
I check it often when I can. It's been a great resource of information. It also can give a few laughs sometimes to break the monotony [Linked Image]
I count it a "blessing" that I came upon this site. It's helped me many times.
I must say that I don't post much, because I'm usually pretty tired after working, etc., but appreciate the "expertise" I find here. Thanks to all that will take the time to share their knowledge with others. It would be a better world, if all could concentrate on helping others, instead of thinking about only themselves all the time [Linked Image] Helping, instead of hurting, right?
Thanks again to all..... Steve
Posted By: Admin Re: How often do you visit? - 09/24/04 09:21 PM
FYI, here are some (sitewide) statistics from 9/23/04 (yesterday), which are about typical for a weekday:

Visitor Sessions 14,367
Unique Visitors 9,328
Visitors Who Visited Once 7,492
Visitors Who Visited More Than Once 1,730

For Unique Visitors:

1 visit 7492 80.31%
2 visits 831 8.9%
3 visits 273 2.92%
4 visits 155 1.66%
5 visits 120 1.28%
6 visits 88 0.94%
7 visits 78 0.83%
8 visits 52 0.55%
9 visits 37 0.39%
10 or more visits 96 1.02%

P.S. I would be one of those '10 or more visits' people.
[Linked Image]
Bill

[This message has been edited by Webmaster (edited 09-24-2004).]
Posted By: Ron Re: How often do you visit? - 09/24/04 09:34 PM
Since the webmaster probably has the ability to check, I will admit to usually look at this site 1-5 or 6 times a day, depending on the day and if there is a particular topic I see is being covered that I'm interested in.
Posted By: Roger Re: How often do you visit? - 09/24/04 10:00 PM
Most days I check in 5 or 6 times at least.

GA76Apprentice,
Unfortunately, I rarely ever have anything to contribute though.
don't cut yourself short, in any given post (your's included) whether it is a question or an answer, there can be, and most likely is, something educational to someone.

Roger
Posted By: pauluk Re: How often do you visit? - 09/24/04 11:14 PM
At least once a day in the evening, and sometimes up to 5 or 6 times if I'm working at home that day.

I'll often check first thing with a cup of coffee, then check back two or three times when I need a break from other work during the day, sometimes just to browse, sometimes reading and posting in a couple of different areas each visit.
Posted By: ga.sparky56 Re: How often do you visit? - 09/25/04 12:05 AM
I usually check in at least once a day. I don't post as much as I used to.I've found that I can learn more by reading and doing a search here and there than by jabbering.

I learn something here most every day. [Linked Image]

Russell
Posted By: Nick Re: How often do you visit? - 09/25/04 12:53 AM
I check several times a day. I don't post nearly as much as I used to a few years ago though. Mostly because of a lack of time. I also don't read every thread like I used to.
Posted By: jayson Re: How often do you visit? - 09/25/04 01:49 AM
i get on usually everyday sometimes everyother day but rarely post .LOTS OF GOOD INFO ON THIS SITE .thanks guys
Posted By: twh Re: How often do you visit? - 09/25/04 02:06 AM
I'm an ecnoholic.

Thanks to the people who make this possible.

I work in a small shop and it gets a little lonely. By the way, I'm sorry if my bad day carrys over to here. If I ever have a good day, I promise I will bring it along.
Posted By: e57 Re: How often do you visit? - 09/25/04 06:20 AM
TOO MUCH! [Linked Image] I set the forum as my home page. So I might be a 10 or more guy too sometimes. I'll check in, then tear into other projects that I do. I have two web, wait three pages of my own, that I was spending too much time on. Authoring and updating.... Lot's O' comp time.... Also, do alot of other reasearch in trade related issues. And decided to take a little break from them, and hang out on ECN for while. Started to really like the forum and stuck around....
Posted By: Electricmanscott Re: How often do you visit? - 09/25/04 11:05 AM
I was a several times a day guy. Been too busy for a while to keep up that pace. It's more like a few times a week now.
Posted By: electure Re: How often do you visit? - 09/25/04 11:15 AM
I generally check 3-5 times a day.

I've been really busy as of late, and haven't been able to come around as often as I'd like. (Matter of fact 4:10 AM, & I'm off to work again!)

After checking my profile, I seem to have posted about 1-1/2 times a day since joining in.

What's a "unique visitor" ???
Posted By: CharlieE Re: How often do you visit? - 09/25/04 01:11 PM
It depends on what is going on at the time. I just got back from the IAEI Western Section meeting and am reviewing books for Delmar. My ability to check in right now is severely restricted. At other times, I may be able to check in two or three times a day. [Linked Image]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Charlie Eldridge, Indianapolis, Utility Power Guy
Posted By: CJS Re: How often do you visit? - 09/25/04 01:32 PM
I try to stop by atleast once a week.
There's just too much $$$$$ to be had out there! I can't sit around on the 'puter all day. This is an interesting site and I'm glad it's here.

CJS Electric Co.

:~)
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: How often do you visit? - 09/25/04 02:04 PM
What's a "unique visitor" ???
Basically, the "Unique Visitor" count is how many different people the tracking software feels came that day as determined by IP address and/or cookie.

Bill
Posted By: Joe Tedesco Re: How often do you visit? - 09/25/04 05:31 PM
I spend lots of time here every day, and can access the ECN links using wireless equipment I carry in my pocket.

I can read and reply to any messages in the area I have been involved in on ECN for a while.

I am an Internet Addict!
Posted By: harold endean Re: How often do you visit? - 09/25/04 09:51 PM
I try to get to visit here at least once or twice a week. Sometimes I can make it 3-4 times and sometimes I am gone for a weekor two. (Joe T. and John know that already) It all depends on my week. Sometimes I have Zoning Board, Soccer, Cub Scouts, back to school, etc. and sometimes I have nothing. I love this board, I have been a big fan of this board, and I have spoken out several times how well this board will behave thenselves and not flame one another. I don't need (or want) to go to boards where everyone will jump all over you for a statement that you make. (Be it right or wrong.) I have been on boards where someone will ask you ("What does the green wire do?") and I don't go to those boards anymore. I have been "hanging" with Joe T. for more than 100 years now and I still feel that I can learn something new every day. If I don't learn something new everyday, then I ain't paying attention!
Posted By: electure Re: How often do you visit? - 09/26/04 03:45 AM
and I still feel that I can learn something new every day. If I don't learn something new everyday, then I ain't paying attention!

Amen
Posted By: PCBelarge Re: How often do you visit? - 09/26/04 01:36 PM
I think you should ask my wife [Linked Image] she knows exactly how many hours I spend here , she hates the click of the keyboard - I should get a 'quiet' keyboard LOL.

I totally agree with Harold!!!

I have seen Joe T in the back of the meetings with his keyboard and antenna typing away [Linked Image]

When I first got into this trade, I was used to hearing "you don't need to know that" - now I can come here to get a valued answer.
Thanks to all.

Pierre
Posted By: Trumpy Re: How often do you visit? - 09/26/04 02:21 PM
Well there's a question!.
I usually check in here when I first get up in the morning.
And if I can't sleep during the night, I've also been known to log on to ECN as well.
Depending upon what the workload is like at work, I also log on after work.
Being from over here in NZ, I'm virtually assured of there being a new post or two at most times of the day here. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Attic Rat Re: How often do you visit? - 09/26/04 02:44 PM
Not as often as I want to,...only (1) 'puter in the house,and by the time I finally have a spare few minutes to go online,..the other half wants to use it,..it's not fair,..gonna get me a lap-top soon....I check posts in the morning,before work,..and reply if there's time..
Russ
Posted By: iwire Re: How often do you visit? - 09/26/04 02:50 PM
I think you should ask my wife she knows exactly how many hours I spend here , she hates the click of the keyboard - I should get a 'quiet' keyboard

Pierre that is all to familiar, I have gotten the same message from my wife. LOL [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

This keyboard is silent.

[Linked Image from image.compusa.com]

CompUSA has them. [Linked Image]
Posted By: PCBelarge Re: How often do you visit? - 09/27/04 12:26 AM
Bob
But were both still here [Linked Image]
Posted By: classicsat Re: How often do you visit? - 09/27/04 02:09 AM
Every 3 or 4 days.
Posted By: Scott35 Re: How often do you visit? - 09/28/04 12:28 AM
Pierre:

When I first got into this trade, I was used to hearing "you don't need to know that" - now I can come here to get a valued answer.

Amen!!!

BTW, I am down to once a week - except the last two weeks, have been here very often.

Scott35
Posted By: KennyFrank Re: How often do you visit? - 09/28/04 06:00 PM
I'm visiting usually a couple times a day, usually in the morning and at lunch time. I also visit from where I teach an estimating class, and often use pics from the violation and for discussion forums in my classes.
© ECN Electrical Forums