ECN Forum
Posted By: Grounded Best book as electrical inspector? - 08/04/04 10:07 PM
I may soon have an interview as an electrical inspector. I don't know yet if it will be for residential, commercial, or industrial inspector, or possibly a combination. Although I am a licensed master electrician here in Washington State, most of my experience has been in industrial and commercial work, and most of that in maintenance, with very little experience with inspectors. Which book/books would give me an idea of what to expect in this type of interview? Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Tom Re: Best book as electrical inspector? - 08/05/04 11:52 PM
The IAEI publishes study guides for the inspectors tests, you could try the one for "Electrical General."
http://www.iaei.org/products_books.htm
Posted By: Ryan_J Re: Best book as electrical inspector? - 08/06/04 01:25 PM
The NEC. [Linked Image]

Good luck [Linked Image]
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: Best book as electrical inspector? - 08/06/04 03:19 PM
Grounded:
IAEI books are a good thing, recently got a 'freebie' at a CE seminar that an IAEI official moderated. It's resi and lite comm.

Joe Tedesco, and Mike Holt also have guidelines, and as Ryan J said, the NEC.

Does Wash have a State Lic req. for AHJ's??

John
Posted By: Grounded Re: Best book as electrical inspector? - 08/18/04 08:27 PM
Been out of town on training so couldn't get back here. Anyway, yes, Washington State does require a masters or electrical administrators license for inspectors. They also require a least 4 years experience after receiving your journeyman's license. I am getting a little older and although I can still work the trade for now I won't be able to forever, so the inspector job looks like a natural.
© ECN Electrical Forums