ECN Forum
Posted By: Tom Electricians IQ Test - 07/17/04 01:03 PM
With either hand, place the tip of your forefinger to the tip of the thumb on the same hand, thus forming a hole.

The question is, can you poke your head through this hole (without losing contact between the finger & thumb tips)? If you can't, you might want to consider another trade.

For those of you that know the answer, please keep it to yourselves for a little while.

Tom
Posted By: trekkie76 Re: Electricians IQ Test - 07/17/04 01:29 PM
does it have anything to do with film? [Linked Image]
Posted By: golf junkie Re: Electricians IQ Test - 07/17/04 02:45 PM
Welllll.......I thought of an answer, but I'm certainly not going to post it here!
Posted By: ElectricAL Re: Electricians IQ Test - 07/17/04 03:29 PM
GJ

LOL

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jbfan Re: Electricians IQ Test - 07/17/04 03:30 PM
Guess I will have to stay an electrician
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: Electricians IQ Test - 07/17/04 04:09 PM
Uhhh.... [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image from click-smilies.de]

-Randy
Posted By: walrus Re: Electricians IQ Test - 07/17/04 04:12 PM
I can't fit either [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: Tom Re: Electricians IQ Test - 07/17/04 09:53 PM
I didn't mean to imply that electricians should have small heads, but that really doesn't have anything to do with the answer.

Trekkie76, you've got my curiousity up with your question about film, post your answer & let us all get a grin.

Randy, where did you get the cool light sabre?

I'll post the answer here on Sunday.
Posted By: chi spark Re: Electricians IQ Test - 07/18/04 12:33 AM
OW!
Posted By: trekkie76 Re: Electricians IQ Test - 07/18/04 12:46 AM
well, maybe I am way off base, but it seemed like a reference to fitting your "equipment" through your finger and thumb. And if you lose contact, you should be in adult film. Or maybe I missed something . [Linked Image]
Posted By: sparkystudent Re: Electricians IQ Test - 07/18/04 02:46 AM
ah um..I have been accused by my family of haveing finally looseing it, im sitting in by basement with a hand in the OK type of hand sign looking at it, and when i reply "im trying to poke my head through it with out seperateing the thumb and finger... the only response i got was "do you have a fever"....... then i got it

[This message has been edited by sparkystudent (edited 07-17-2004).]
Posted By: Attic Rat Re: Electricians IQ Test - 07/18/04 03:17 AM
... Perhaps it's my lewd and crude brain at work,but all I can come up with is a XXX answer... [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: Tom Re: Electricians IQ Test - 07/18/04 12:26 PM
The answer to this is kind of like some of the articles in the NEC, we think they state one thing, when actually, they mean something else entirely.

Make the hole as described and place it on your forehead (away from your eyes). Extend the forefinger on the other hand, aim it at the hole and with a sharp jabbing motion, shove that finger through the hole & poke your head.

I like to keep this question in mind when I am troubleshooting as it reminds me that, while the most obvious solution is usually the correct one, once in awhile, the least likely solution is correct.

Tom
Posted By: Fred Re: Electricians IQ Test - 07/18/04 01:49 PM
Another similar one is to ask someone if they can stick out their tounge and touch their nose. It backfired on me once on a person who could practically touch their eyelid with their tounge!
Posted By: earlydean Re: Electricians IQ Test - 07/18/04 02:21 PM
Great tricks for winning drinks at the 'ol watering hole.
Posted By: Attic Rat Re: Electricians IQ Test - 07/18/04 04:35 PM
LOL,Tom,...guess I'll be looking for a new trade now,thanx a lot...... [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Russ
Posted By: ElectricAL Re: Electricians IQ Test - 07/18/04 05:45 PM
[groan] Laugh Out Loud! [/groan]

[Linked Image]

Al
© ECN Electrical Forums