ECN Forum
Posted By: Edward Home Automation product HELP. - 07/09/04 07:30 PM
Hello to all sparkies,

Which brand do you guys recommend for home automation. I am working on a landscape project where i need to control the lighting from the house and would like to use the low voltage control. I thought about the X-10 system but my previous experience does not allow me to use x-10.

I know there is the Leviton, Lutron and other manufacturers. Which manufacturer would you recommend?

Regards,
Edward
Posted By: Active 1 Re: Home Automation product HELP. - 07/10/04 12:51 AM
I don't have much good to say about Lutron Radio RA.

Tom
Posted By: straightedge Re: Home Automation product HELP. - 07/10/04 04:48 AM
I don't know if they have a pool or not. Sometimes when there is a pool they will have a remote control panel inside the house to turn on the pump filter and the light and the spa and so on. There usually is an extra contact there that you could hook your landscape lights to and be controled from inside the house.
Posted By: e57 Re: Home Automation product HELP. - 07/10/04 06:41 AM
Tom-
"I don't have much good to say about Lutron Radio RA" either!

Boss keep selling it... I keep saying to stop!
Posted By: e57 Re: Home Automation product HELP. - 07/10/04 06:46 AM
Oh, Homeworks isnt bad, lot of progaming, well all do........ but the newer version is pretty easy in comparison to the original version.
Posted By: Bomzin Re: Home Automation product HELP. - 07/10/04 02:56 PM
I don't know what brand it is but the orange box sells just a simple plug to the wall remote with a push button. They are inexpensive and am having good luck with them . I've been using them on water features buy mounting a plug inside a 12x12 box then running it all through a relay to control the pump. Would work just as well for other applications.

Been getting about a 75' range with the receiver inside the metal can.

Bomzin
© ECN Electrical Forums