ECN Forum
Posted By: Trumpy Breakfast? - 06/26/04 09:54 AM
There is a survey going on over here in NZ.
A survey to find out how many office workers actually eat Breakfast.
In my opinion they asked the wrong group of workers, it's us Manual workers that should be asked.
But, breakfast-wise, how do you start the day?.
I like the Coffee/Toast, butter and Jam angle, although I have been known to eat Steak Chips and Bacon for b/fast.
What's yours?. [Linked Image]
Posted By: smokumchevy Re: Breakfast? - 06/26/04 10:14 AM
normal day:

2- poached (med), sausages, homefries and white toast burnt. Side of fruit and lots of coffee.

if workin in the bush:

3- over easy, a large steak, backbacon, homefries, beans, white toast burnt. Side of fruit and lots (LOTS) of coffee.

-Greg
Posted By: electure Re: Breakfast? - 06/26/04 11:44 AM
Coffee, more coffee, some vitamins, and some coffee.
(Some mornings after looking on ECN, I might find myself "eating crow", or my boot, depending on if I've put my foot in my mouth or not in a post) [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 06-26-2004).]
Posted By: DougW Re: Breakfast? - 06/26/04 12:16 PM
I'm not a morning person.

That said... My usual? Xlarge coffee (x cream x sugar) and 2 donuts from Dunkin Donuts... every once in a while a breakfast sandwich & hash brown from McDonalds or BK or some such. Usually eaten on the way to the job site. Days I'm not working? No breakfast... nap instead.

(although the Wife discovered some of these microwave breakfast sandwiches that _don't suck_ for a change - I might start having one of those... with the coffee [Linked Image] )
Posted By: BuggabooBren Re: Breakfast? - 06/26/04 01:15 PM
Coffee, with milk/creamer and Splenda sweetener. No food unless I have some carbs handy (pastry, donuts, banana bread, etc) at my desk mid-morning. I eat lunch about 2:30 or 3:00 and by then I go for protein.

Bad breakfast but it's an old habit....
Posted By: George Re: Breakfast? - 06/26/04 01:43 PM
When I was younger, I would have a glass of milk. Now I am old and have 2 pieces of toast.
Posted By: cs409 Re: Breakfast? - 06/26/04 02:12 PM
2 blondes sunny side up with a red head on top, one cup of brunette.
Posted By: Roger Re: Breakfast? - 06/26/04 02:50 PM
Cs409, I think the question was meant for after you are awake. [Linked Image from click-smilies.de]

I start with a couple cups of coffee [Linked Image from click-smilies.de] then mid morning have a biscuit or a light sandwich of some type.

On weekends I'm more apt to have a full breakfast.

Roger
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: Breakfast? - 06/26/04 02:57 PM
Favorites:

2 Eggs, Bacon and Cheese on a Roll. side of OJ and Coffee.

Cheese Omelet, side of Sausage, Hash Browns, Rye Toast w/butter & Coffee.

I'm told I shouldn't be eating this stuff everyday, so Coffee and a Vitamin usually replaces the above. [Linked Image]

Bill
Posted By: Attic Rat Re: Breakfast? - 06/26/04 03:30 PM
... Usually, one cup of coffee,and 2 cigarettes,..I can't eat in the morning,..I rarely eat lunch,but watch out around dinner time,..I'm ravenous!!Probably accounts for the added weight I put on after hitting 40.My metabolism changed,..on week-ends tho',my wife and I go to IHOP,it's a ritual.. [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Russ

PS,..I detest runny eggs,like "sunny-side up"...yccckk!! Scrambled only for me!!
Posted By: ga.sparky56 Re: Breakfast? - 06/26/04 05:01 PM
2 scrambled eggs,grits,bacon and toast,with a large glass of OJ.I usually eat before I leave home.

Russell
Posted By: iwire Re: Breakfast? - 06/26/04 05:10 PM
20 oz of Coffee, no food.

Bob
Posted By: walrus Re: Breakfast? - 06/26/04 06:11 PM
Several cups of coffee, some or all of, bagels, toast, cereal, eggs during the week. On weekends, Pancakes, french toast, waffles, bacon, sausage OJ. If its food I like it [Linked Image]
Posted By: aland Re: Breakfast? - 06/26/04 06:19 PM
Large cup of boiled water with spoonfull of honey + 2 digestive buiscuits. Plenty of boiled water all day long. Very rarely drink anythink with cafine in.
Posted By: e57 Re: Breakfast? - 06/26/04 06:48 PM
Coffee! 16oz at 630,and 10, few sips at 2, 16oz on the way home.

[This message has been edited by e57 (edited 06-26-2004).]
Posted By: Delectric Re: Breakfast? - 06/26/04 11:09 PM
A big bowl of granola (keeps things moving) and lots of Coffee.
Posted By: dougwells Re: Breakfast? - 06/26/04 11:10 PM
just got home from work,(4PM) and just had a sausage roll, first food of the day. yup coffee and a couple cigs check ECN then off in the mornings no breakie .
Posted By: russ m Re: Breakfast? - 06/27/04 12:27 AM
Cereal toast and OJ every morning, except the occasional sunday eggs, with the rest of a full blown spred.
Posted By: trekkie76 Re: Breakfast? - 06/27/04 01:40 AM
instant cream of wheat, two peices of toast, and lots of coffee. [Linked Image]
Posted By: JCooper Re: Breakfast? - 06/27/04 02:36 AM
Gatorade and a danish of some sorts, whatever Wawa has on the shelf that morning... Gave up the coffee after it would foul up my stomach around 9:30, wheather or not I made it to the job site...
Posted By: cs409 Re: Breakfast? - 06/27/04 04:27 AM
Roger.... all i said was, 2 eggs sunny side up with hot sause on top!! and a cup of black coffee!
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Breakfast? - 06/27/04 07:10 AM
Just a small question.
Do you guys actually drink coffee with real Cream in it?.
Like the thick stuff we have here, that comes from the cows milk?. [Linked Image]
Being a smoker myself, I can agree with not wantinhg to eat anything when you first get out of bed, but I usually get something into me.
Most important meal of the day I reckon!. [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 06-27-2004).]
Posted By: pauluk Re: Breakfast? - 06/27/04 10:08 AM
My meal times tend to be all over the place depending upon whether I'm out on a job or working at home that day.

Breakfast is usually light if I'm off out: A couple of pieces of toast with jelly or marmalade and coffee (black, plenty of it!).

If I'm home, then I'll often start with just some coffee, work an hour or so then stop and have a bigger breakfast.

It's nice to go the full 9 yards for Sunday brunch sometimes: Eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, sausage, plenty of bread and butter, orange juice, followed by toast and coffee.

Oh, and did I mention plenty of coffee? [Linked Image]
Posted By: Electricmanscott Re: Breakfast? - 06/27/04 11:56 AM
I just did a quick calculation. Total group cholesterol: 262,000.
Posted By: Roger Re: Breakfast? - 06/27/04 03:17 PM
Cs409, 0hhhh!!! [Linked Image]

BTW, speaking of hot sauce what's your favorite? I collect it ranging from a few hundred scolville units to 4 million.

Roger
Posted By: PCBelarge Re: Breakfast? - 06/27/04 04:45 PM
Years ago I was very good in the morning. Cereal, OJ and some fruit. I do not remember when, but about 20 years ago I started drinking coffee. Now my breakfast is like most here... COFFEE PLEASE!!!!! Some days I would not have any food until getting home, which can be anywhere from 7 pm to 11 pm. I do not have that all driving energy I used to have, so I am going to try something different.
Today I started a new routine, of having breakfast with my coffee [Linked Image], and stretching, lets see how long that lasts.

Pierre
Posted By: BuggabooBren Re: Breakfast? - 06/27/04 05:55 PM
First impression when I saw this thread open was that you were inviting us to breakfast, Trumpy. But, ok, we'll just talk about it. [Linked Image]

Next, I figured out that the two blondes were eggs and the brunette was coffee but the redhead was a mystery...bacon, perhaps. But I'm with you on the hot sause/salsa. I like mine hot or medium hot as I prefer my intestines lined per the original installation specifications.

We also tend to go all-out for weekend breakfasts with bacon or sausage, eggs, hashbrowns, toast, coffee and juice. My hubby's a great cook and his breakfasts are better than when I cook.

My cholesterol is 155: HDL=36, LDL=106... probably won't have to kill myself watching it but should exercise more.

I added coffee when I added twins to my life 7 years ago... nothing like knowing you're going to depend on something for 'get-up-'n-go' when it got-up-and-went already. Before that I would've sworn coffee smelled and tasted like something you'd clean toilets or degreased bearings with before you repack them.
Posted By: mvpmaintman Re: Breakfast? - 06/27/04 11:58 PM
During the week-ice tea (NO SUGAR), two peanut butter sandwiches on brown bread and some fruit.
Weekends-Biscuits and gravy, grits, eggs over easy, corn bread, two pork chops or two polish sausage and tea

I just read a study the other day that all that pre packaged low carb stuff (not that anybody here really cares) is actually higher in calories that fresh fruit and veggies.

Wife and I are trying to get on a heatlhier diet since she has diabetes.
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: Breakfast? - 06/28/04 02:28 AM
I've never been a morning person, & I usually don't get the munchies till about 1pm... If I do happen to get up early,... Egg Mc Muffin & hashbrowns & a big over-priced OJ from Mc D's usually does the job [Linked Image]

-Randy

[This message has been edited by Lostazhell (edited 06-28-2004).]
Posted By: Ryan_J Re: Breakfast? - 06/28/04 01:22 PM
I get out of bed at about 5:30 and have a couple cigarettes and about 32 ounces of coffee. Lunch at about 10:30.
Posted By: cs409 Re: Breakfast? - 06/28/04 09:45 PM
i use to drink real cow milk/cream when i was kid. best coffee in the world is when u put in fresh milk which is still,,,hmmm,,,1/5 or so butter fat...if u let it settle, u would have the yellow butter fat on the top 1/5 of the jug,,,,goood ,,,,shake it up and it was like a milk shake....now all that is cut off and u get white stuff! i do the coffee back most of the time...

as for HOT SAUSE AND spicy foods,,,born/raised in cajun country(they all mirgrated to south east texas to work!!) so we do spicy foods, and love the hot suff,,,one rule for hot,,,it has to have a good flavor or whats the point! enjoy chow chow, esp good on your rice and gravy, ,,it comes in as mild to hot as u want..

take your hot peppers out of their juice and replace with olives, let it set for a few days,,,,its goood.
© ECN Electrical Forums