ECN Forum
Posted By: Joe Tedesco Are Warning Labels being Followed? - 05/14/04 10:18 PM
I wonder if these warning labels are being followed, of even understood by those who are unable to understand the requirements?

[Linked Image from nachi.org]
Posted By: walrus Re: Are Warning Labels being Followed? - 05/14/04 10:27 PM
I doubt it but then thats true in just about anything people do. When someone picks up a rotary mower by the deck to use it as a hedge trimmer, I believe that speaks volumes. And what speaks even louder is courts who give them money because they lack common sense. You can only do so much.
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Are Warning Labels being Followed? - 05/14/04 10:51 PM
Walrus,
When someone picks up a rotary mower by the deck to use it as a hedge trimmer, I believe that speaks volumes.
You're telling me!. [Linked Image]
Joe,
I doubt it if most people even bother to read safety labels.
The number of accidents people have with the associated equipment is your proof of that one. [Linked Image]
I mean, how many homeowners bother to check the cord on thier appliances before they use them?.

{Message edited to add missing letters}

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 05-14-2004).]
You're right, most people don't even read the warning labels. Why? Because they've put a warning label on everything. Some items come with 6 or 7 diferent warning labels, most of them warning of stupid crap that even a moron has enough common sense to know. If warning labels were used a little less frequently, more people would read and follow them.
Posted By: Sandro Re: Are Warning Labels being Followed? - 05/15/04 02:15 AM
It's the Lawyers that make them put those there. The manufacturers could care less whether people read these or not.
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: Are Warning Labels being Followed? - 05/15/04 02:31 AM
Kinda helps when the label printer has a spell checker also! [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

-Randy
Posted By: Bjarney Re: Are Warning Labels being Followed? - 05/15/04 03:07 AM
Joe—

Shouldn't item 8 be the first on the list?
Posted By: Joe Tedesco Re: Are Warning Labels being Followed? - 05/15/04 05:06 PM
Joe—
Shouldn't item 8 be the first on the list?

Yes, I agree. What is No. 7 all about?
Posted By: Bjarney Re: Are Warning Labels being Followed? - 05/15/04 06:15 PM
Number 7 has got to be for a future product… a 277-volt bug zapper+exit sign+radon detector, I’ll bet.
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: Are Warning Labels being Followed? - 05/15/04 07:52 PM
Joe,

Just curious, what is this label from?

Bill
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: Are Warning Labels being Followed? - 05/15/04 07:59 PM
My guess is this if from a hot tub or jacuzzi... [Linked Image]

-Randy
somethings missing IMO :
Item 1: Consult a qualified electrician to assure proper installation & saftey.
Posted By: Joe Tedesco Re: Are Warning Labels being Followed? - 05/15/04 08:46 PM
Yes, it was a hot tub over at the big box.
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: Are Warning Labels being Followed? - 05/16/04 12:09 AM
Item #7 is for the 3 phase 480V hot tub/water slide/fountain/well pump... Turn on all the jets & it shoots water into the neighbors pool! [Linked Image]
© ECN Electrical Forums