ECN Forum
Posted By: dougwells high winds and some power lines - 03/20/04 04:41 AM
I read this in our local paper this morning
http://www.kamloopsnews.ca/
Posted By: BigJohn Re: high winds and some power lines - 03/20/04 06:39 AM
From that article:
"One couple living nearby would not co-operate with firefighters, calling them names and refusing to return to their home. At one point they even tried moving the lines themselves."

Man, that's the king of ignorance right there. "Let me fetch my gardening gloves and I'll clear that 14.4kV line out of the way..."

Yikes.

-John

[This message has been edited by BigJohn (edited 03-20-2004).]
Posted By: pauluk Re: high winds and some power lines - 03/20/04 09:37 AM
Maybe they were going to wrap a couple of layers of PVC tape around those gardening gloves as well. [Linked Image]

They sound like would-be contestants for the Darwin Awards . (Check the story "Wounded wire bites back.")
Posted By: DougW Re: high winds and some power lines - 03/20/04 01:37 PM
A loud crack and an explosion of blue light sent another line to the street near the fire truck. Firefighters abandoned their vehicle and the couple finally fled back to their home.

Guess they stopped calling us names after they had to go home and clean their shorts! [Linked Image]
Posted By: Sir Arcsalot Re: high winds and some power lines - 03/20/04 04:19 PM
RCMP Cpl. Mike Stewart said the interfering couple could face charges of obstruction.

“We’re contemplating charges in regards to them not listening to the fire department,” he said.

I hope the offenders are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law; it is amazing just how brazen some people are these days.

Total idiocy is never a defense.
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: high winds and some power lines - 03/20/04 04:56 PM
Thanks for posting this Doug,

Maybe it will make some others think twice.

Bill
Posted By: pauluk Re: high winds and some power lines - 03/20/04 06:00 PM
“We’re contemplating charges in regards to them not listening to the fire department,”

They're lucky they didn't receive a different kind of charge! [Linked Image]
Posted By: Trumpy Re: high winds and some power lines - 03/20/04 09:03 PM
Great post Doug!,
I can't say that I've heard of ASTM Class 2 Gardening Gloves. [Linked Image]
But these people need a good kick in the pants, and I would have no problem with laying charges against them, were I in the same situation!. [Linked Image]
© ECN Electrical Forums