ECN Forum
Posted By: Trumpy What's your choice? - 03/12/04 12:54 PM
Sorry Bill, this is not entirely Electrical,
But, if you had a choice of one meal or type of food that would sum your area's culinary preferences up, what would it be?.
I'm just curious, but don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to turn this site into a Martha Stewart, entertaiment guide!.
Posted By: Attic Rat Re: What's your choice? - 03/12/04 01:36 PM
Well Trumpy, given my area,and general locale within the Tri-state melting pot,...I'd say on any given night you could have..Sushi,which I rate highly
......Spanish Food,second
......My mom-in-law's Italian meals.perfecto
......Fast Food,Fast Pizza,Fast Indigestion
Now I'm hungry,...again!! [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
AR

[This message has been edited by Attic Rat (edited 03-12-2004).]
Posted By: electure Re: What's your choice? - 03/12/04 01:40 PM
Trumpy,
Here it would be either Mexican food or Mexican food.
Posted By: Ron Re: What's your choice? - 03/12/04 03:00 PM
See if you can guess who I cook for:
Chicken nuggets, hot dogs, pasta, peanut butter and jelly.
Posted By: Sir Arcsalot Re: What's your choice? - 03/12/04 03:04 PM
Here in Western Washington, it's coffee, coffee and MORE coffee!!!!! FOOD?
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: What's your choice? - 03/12/04 03:28 PM
See if you can guess who I cook for:
Chicken nuggets, hot dogs, pasta, peanut butter and jelly.
Ron,

You forgot Mac and Cheese! (+ Grilled Cheese)
[Linked Image]

I could survive on the items above. The area has a great variety of things, I don't think one thing or type of food is dominant. Most times I'll pick a juicy Burger over anything, - preferably grilled.

[Linked Image]
Bill
Posted By: GETELECTRIC Re: What's your choice? - 03/12/04 05:41 PM
chicken wings cold beer, ok now that breakfast is sorted i will have to think about lunch and dinner.
Posted By: Fred Re: What's your choice? - 03/12/04 05:42 PM
East-central Indiana: Fried potatoes, breaded tenderloin, home-grown sweet corn, homemade ice cream over chocolate pudding cake that's just out of the oven. Also ham & soup beans with cornbread (fried potatoes on the side). From late June through early September you can bet that at any given time, 24/7, there are fresh green beans, new potatoes and smoked sausage being thrown into a crockpot somewhere in this county.
Posted By: DougW Re: What's your choice? - 03/12/04 09:29 PM
My Neighborhood?

Barbeque ribs, Popeyes Chicken, and fried fish from the 24-hour stand down the block.

Of course, y'all can just drop your wrappers in my yard...

Go'head! There's plenty there already [aargh]
Posted By: big guy Re: What's your choice? - 03/12/04 09:34 PM
Deer meat is what all use outlaws eat
Posted By: BuggabooBren Re: What's your choice? - 03/12/04 09:42 PM
I'm with Ron & Bill... just finished making grilled cheese sammiches & chicken noodle soup for the clones, er, I mean kids.

We haven't found a suitable substitute for Chicken McNuggets so if anyone has a brand from the grocery store that is similar (nevermind better... kids have no tastebuds unless there's a whole marketing machine that tells them what's delicious and what's not). Our McDive was closed due to a number of 'issues' and frankly....

I'M THRILLED!!! [Linked Image]

In my neck of the woods we seem to have a wealth of Mexican food, a couple sandwich shops and some Chinese food choices. We've recently seen an influx of Japanese options with 2 restaurants serving primarily sushi but (for a price) also have other Japanese fare. It's a small town so the diversity is not too bad and there's world-class dining within 50 miles or so.
Posted By: Jps1006 Re: What's your choice? - 03/12/04 10:27 PM
I want to eat at Fred's.
Posted By: wolfdog Re: What's your choice? - 03/12/04 11:28 PM
Mexican food and steak houses.

Went out with the wife for our 25th last month. A nice upper end steak house. I had the 22 oz. sirloin, salad and baked patato.

A 1' thick medium rare slice of happiness.
I'm drooling on the keyboard thinking about it.
Posted By: Ryan_J Re: What's your choice? - 03/12/04 11:40 PM
I hate to say it, but I'm with GETELECTRIC on this one. [Linked Image]
Posted By: LightnBolt Re: What's your choice? - 03/13/04 01:27 AM
I'm gonna go with what Fred's menu says.
Posted By: Trumpy Re: What's your choice? - 03/13/04 10:54 AM
Thanks for all the replies Guys!. [Linked Image]
Well, coming from a place like New Zealand,
I'd have to play the Seafood card. [Linked Image]
Oysters(raw)with a dash of vinegar or lemon juice.
Crayfish is quite abundant here, but to eat that more than once a year would be just silly and you'd look like you were some sort of a hob-knob.
Besides, it's just too rich for my liking as well!
But my favourite food of all is good old Fish and Chips and the Watties Tomato Sauce.
We use Shark in our fish and chips here, as well as Elephant Fish or (the best) Deep Sea Blue Cod.
Posted By: Trumpy Re: What's your choice? - 03/13/04 11:14 AM
wolfdog,
Congratulations on your 25th Anniversary!. [Linked Image]
In these days of throw-away marriages, it's cool to see that at least some couples are staying together.
Bren,
Surely the Nuggets arent that hard to make?.
Vikki and I eat crumbed Chicken Breasts quite a bit.
I like to roll them in egg and then Flour and then egg and finally coat them with Breadcrumbs and pan fry them in Olive Oil.
Just as a note, I stay away from any fast food apart from KFC Zinger Tower Burgers, I love them but I would only eat them once a year.
Pizza, McD's or anything else like that just doesn't sit too well with my stomach.
But I love a good Steak though, Home cooked on the BBQ, of course! [Linked Image]
Posted By: electure Re: What's your choice? - 03/14/04 01:17 PM
Trumpy,
I guess I was a "hob knob" [Linked Image] I used to run some crayfish (aka crawdad) traps in the creek that ran through my property. When I had enough, and after a "purification" process (about a week in the horse water trough), I'd have some friends over for a feast. Good Stuff.
(I've some issues with eating shark. I hope you get the fast swimming varieties in your fish & chips) [Linked Image]...S
© ECN Electrical Forums