ECN Forum
Posted By: George Corron I KNEW IT!!!!! - 02/13/04 11:21 AM
In case you guys haven't seen this, there is an ongoing problem in a foreign village with fires, and lots of misfortune. They are suggesting that the conductors need an exorcism.
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=37075

I knew it! I knew it!!!

da devil made me do it!!!!!! [Linked Image]
Posted By: Trumpy Re: I KNEW IT!!!!! - 02/13/04 09:18 PM
Well George,
There's a new one on me!. [Linked Image]
But, how do you explain furniture and non-electrical things going on fire as well as the appliances?.
It's got to be the work of the Devil!. [Linked Image]
Posted By: electure Re: I KNEW IT!!!!! - 02/13/04 10:03 PM
Easy write up,
Install EXO(rcism)
Call for re-inspect.
Posted By: Bjarney Re: I KNEW IT!!!!! - 02/14/04 12:35 AM
It almost sounds like some sort of wigged-out, town-wide faulted primary-multigrounded installation.
Posted By: pauluk Re: I KNEW IT!!!!! - 02/14/04 10:25 AM
Curious indeed. When it's reported that electricity was shut-off, I wonder just how much of the network in the town was de-energized. Maybe a fault on a still energized section is causing high ground currents, or something like that?

I've never visited Italy, so I can't comment on first-hand observations, but from what I've heard Italian wiring is not exactly up to American standards.
Posted By: DougW Re: I KNEW IT!!!!! - 02/14/04 01:35 PM
Postd by Bjarney:
It almost sounds like some sort of wigged-out, town-wide faulted primary-multigrounded installation.

Yes, Bjarney... but are you talking about the electrical system, or the politicians?
Posted By: :andy: Re: I KNEW IT!!!!! - 02/14/04 01:57 PM
Special offer

buy the Pow-R Exorcist today! This genius unit will, installed at the meter, protect your home from any evil current. It's just $2999, buy today and get this neat Knife set for free!

Sorry, my sarcasm came over. very strange happenings there, i'd like to get news from a better source though. On cnn.com you can't find nothing about this.
Posted By: Trumpy Re: I KNEW IT!!!!! - 02/14/04 07:44 PM
It kind of makes me wonder if there isn't an
unseen Natural gas leak underground,
that could be slowly seeping up through the soil.
And this could in turn be ignited by poor electrical connections and other sources of heat.
Just a ball-park idea. [Linked Image]
Posted By: :andy: Re: I KNEW IT!!!!! - 02/16/04 08:23 PM
now what?
no more news on this?`
Posted By: pauluk Re: I KNEW IT!!!!! - 02/18/04 10:07 AM
I've tried a few searches for any updates, but come up blank. Maybe all is quiet again?
Posted By: Attic Rat Re: I KNEW IT!!!!! - 02/18/04 02:34 PM
This thread reminds me of something I told a customer once...The power had "gone off" in 2 of the 6 rooms in the house, and we were called in to troubleshoot.After about 20 minutes we found he offending splice in a receptacle box,..and upon leaving I told the lady..."this house is clean"...quoting the mystic woman from "Poltergeist"...the lady feigned a chuckle,and closed the door,and bolted it...
AR
Posted By: :andy: Re: I KNEW IT!!!!! - 02/21/04 03:06 PM
so what now? did they kill all communication lines to down there, to prevent the devil coming up through them?
© ECN Electrical Forums