ECN Forum
Posted By: Creighton water valves - 01/23/04 09:47 PM
many public washrooms have electrically operated water faucets at the sink. What is the voltage of the sensor, and what is the voltage of the wolenoid valve in the water line? Creighton
Posted By: Anonymous Re: water valves - 01/23/04 09:52 PM
Creighton,
I don't know a lot about them but I saw the plumbers installing them at Kroger and they were battery operated.
Posted By: iwire Re: water valves - 01/23/04 10:04 PM
I have done a few of these some have us install outlets under the sink and plug in transformers supplied the valves.

Another job had us install one 40 VA 24 VAC transformer to feed a group of six sinks.

The ones used at urinals and toilets we have done where also fed from a 24 VAC transformer.

Getting the wall box in the right place to match the valves is a real pain.
Posted By: Scott35 Re: water valves - 01/26/04 05:35 AM
The ones I dealt with were also 24VAC systems.

Seems they were made by American Standard, or maybe Sloan... or both?

Anyway, we installed Conduit and Boxes for the devices (L.V.), along with setting a Box + 120VAC circuit for the Transformer(s).
Installed all the L.V. wiring for the valves, IR detectors and upto the Transformer(s).
Used #18 cu.

Plumbers made connections + mounted devices.

The last project where these devices were used and we (the EC) had to "Pre-Wire" for the PC, came as an unwanted FWO (Field Work Order).
Unwanted because the job was approaching Final Commissioning very soon, and there were plenty of other things to do before nasty-grams were issued!
Nevertheless, we did them properly, and still kept within the timelines of Final Commissioning our stuff!
(pulled many Rabbits out of several hats!).

Check the Web for Schematics and Details of these IR controlled devices.
I might do this too, just for additional data to post here at ECN.
All the documents per these systems have been turned over to the Clients at close-out of Job.
Like a dummy, I forgot to make copies!
<D'OHH!!!>

Scott35
Posted By: ThinkGood Re: water valves - 01/27/04 03:14 AM
Try these:

Sloan

Kohler

American Standard

[This message has been edited by ThinkGood (edited 01-26-2004).]
© ECN Electrical Forums