ECN Forum
Posted By: PCBelarge Scott - You Da Man! - 01/18/04 05:47 PM
Scott
Thank you for all of your hard work in the technical area. I always look forward to your efforts!!!

Pierre
Posted By: Scott35 Re: Scott - You Da Man! - 01/18/04 10:05 PM
Pierre;

Thanks 1,000,000,000³!!! [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

I trimmed the "ECN Glossary" so the text fits much better, and (hoping) is easier to follow.

Scott35
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Scott - You Da Man! - 01/23/04 10:09 AM
Oops, doubled up there!.(Darn!)

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 01-23-2004).]
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Scott - You Da Man! - 01/23/04 10:11 AM
Pierre,
I'd agree, eh!. [Linked Image]
Scott's done a really cool job with the Technical Reference Area.
And also the Technical Theory and Applications Area is a must-see Area too. [Linked Image]
He is the man!. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Scott35 Re: Scott - You Da Man! - 01/26/04 05:18 AM
Gee, you're 'gonna give me a swollen head with these nice words! [Linked Image]

I really appreciate what's been said here. Makes me want to tear up, but instead, I'll just try to add as much information possible! - useful stuff for field applications, along with the other stuff which comes into play "sometimes".
(like the Schematics + Descriptions of Audio Loudspeaker Crossovers!).

Always looking for suggestions - plus some assistance - for materials to post.

Thanks once again!

Scott35.

btw: Would a "Low Voltage" section relating to installs like Comm/Data, Security/CCTV, and similar non-power signal systems, be of interest?

Need to beef up many items with Troubleshooting information - such as the Ballasts Schematics - add information regarding testing and FAQs of operations.

<endless quest>

Scott
Posted By: PCBelarge Re: Scott - You Da Man! - 01/26/04 12:49 PM
Scott
How about a 'nuts and bolts' section on transformers - from doorbell/heating types to larger three phase ones we install in the field on a regular basis.

The same for different types of generators from the three horsepower portable to the larger units installed in houses/stores/businesses/healthcare.

I know this is a ton of work, a page here and there would be very appreciated. I know you are busy, we have patience.

Thanks
Pierre
Posted By: Scott35 Re: Scott - You Da Man! - 01/26/04 05:19 PM
Pierre;

Sounds like a good idea.

Per "Nuts and Bolts", I could include Ratings, Connections, Grounding and possibly a little NEC stuff with examples.

Any suggestions?

Scott35
Posted By: PCBelarge Re: Scott - You Da Man! - 01/27/04 05:42 AM
Scott
Applications of some of the different types of transformers would be of help. What are the standard types and what are some unusual type of installations.
Thanks

Pierre
© ECN Electrical Forums